S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

How do you dry your S2000?

Old 06-10-2006, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After washing I dry the car by yelling........yep that's right yelling.

Honey it's time for you to dry the car.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autoblade followed by absorber since the S2k has a lot of nooks and cranies the blade can't really hit. I know many on here like the leaf blowers, I just can't see how that isn't forcing particles into the car.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:21 AM

ITs my understanding the water blade will do the same, push particles along the surface, since it cant absort anything like a microfiber towel can. So if you happen to have anything on the paint, the blade will drag it along.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pikkashoe,Jun 11 2006, 08:21 AM
ITs my understanding the water blade will do the same, push particles along the surface, since it cant absort anything like a microfiber towel can. So if you happen to have anything on the paint, the blade will drag it along.
If used correctly, the Water Blade is not anything to worry about. However, it is NOT meant to be owned and used by the fanatical or anal car care buff.
The same applies to the leaf blower. You don't use it in a sand storm nor do you hold the intake of the blower over a pile of dirt.

NOTE: The WB doesn't drag anything with it if the operator does his/her job of rinsing the car off properly before use. Even if there happens to be something left behind, that something will travel with the water that the WB is squeegying along. If you use the WB on a dry surface, then that is operator error and not the fault of the product.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:08 AM

I usually take mine for a spin around the block (140mph) then follow up with instant detailer spay and microfiber towel. Works great except sometimes the rear bumper gets a little black around the exhaust!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Former Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

are the MF towels better than 100% cotton towel as far as not scratching?

You don't want to use anything containing polyester, right?

Thanks
Mac
Old 06-11-2006, 09:35 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by macr88,Jun 12 2006, 01:20 AM
are the MF towels better than 100% cotton towel as far as not scratching?

You don't want to use anything containing polyester, right?

Thanks
Mac
typically the answer is yes, don't use a cotton/poly blend. However, microfiber is a different kind of polyester/whatever blend. Compared to cotton, MF is much softer and much less likely to cause marring. It has a lot to do with HOW the fibers are produced and what, exactly, the fibers consist of/how they're shaped/etc.

The bottom line is that MF waffle weave towels are much better than even 100% cotton towels. Add to that their absorbancy is better, there's zero "linting" with quality MF WW towels and they will hold up better in the long run if well taken care of.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:24 AM

I would recommend AGAINST using a blade, silicone or not. all it takes is a bit of grit, and that's it, a new scratch. Using a good waffle drying cloth or a good chamois may take more work, but those who are into detailing and are passionate about that will never use a blade to remove water from the paint.

I'd recommend Pakshak waffle weave towels, or the Aqua-Dry towel from Autoglym
Old 06-12-2006, 06:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoonk,Jun 12 2006, 07:24 AM
I would recommend AGAINST using a blade, silicone or not. all it takes is a bit of grit, and that's it, a new scratch. Using a good waffle drying cloth or a good chamois may take more work, but those who are into detailing and are passionate about that will never use a blade to remove water from the paint.

I'd recommend Pakshak waffle weave towels, or the Aqua-Dry towel from Autoglym
To each his own.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:39 AM

I like the 140 mph technique!

I have to drive my car around the block after washing it, due to my rims, they collect giant puddles.

Like xviper said, "to each his own"

These threads are meant to give suggestions based on experience, and then you are to make a decision on your own personal preferences.

Quick Reply: How do you dry your S2000?