S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

How do I keep my headlights looking new?

Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Headlight Care

I'm using the:

Wolfgang Plastik Surface Sealant

Its worked well thus far!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to clean them with Plexus then use Aerospace 303 to protect them. I live outside of Vegas and it seems to keep the UV protection up in extreme sunlight. All my headlights look new.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plastx works fine for me, when they start showing age you can wetsand them and buff them. We did that to my '04 s2000's and they look perfectly clear. I would think you can just use whatever wax/sealant you use on your car which there are several threads on this forum about recommended cheap waxes.
Toothpaste is supposedly the cheap way to clean up oxidation, I saw them use it on gear talk or w/e on one of the shows on Speed network on cable.
Honestly you should of kept the old headlight, wetsanded/buffed it, and sold it . Get your hands on it if you still can. Money is good.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone try LightRite? (http://www.searchautomotive.net/)

unlike a lot of the multiple sanding processes, these people say to just hit the lights with a 600 grit then spray the LightRite on for a lifetime guaranteed film of protection. seems too good to be true.

anyone ever used this? my pitted and clouded lenses are starting to annoy me. might jump on this stuff.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:46 AM

The LightRite sounds promising. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by akimel,Jan 5 2011, 11:46 AM
The LightRite sounds promising. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you.
will do.

I just ordered a kit from Ryder--i guess it is a popular choice for commercial trucking fleets. sounds promising for our application. i will go through the process in a week or so after i receive the kit and report back either in this thread or in a new one...if the product works so well that it warrants a new topic.

in the meantime, here is an authentic QLab report about the product: http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/pdf/Q-LabReport.pdf
Old 01-10-2011, 05:49 AM

Received 3,772 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoabitchin,Nov 2 2010, 04:12 PM
I like to clean them with Plexus then use Aerospace 303 to protect them. I live outside of Vegas and it seems to keep the UV protection up in extreme sunlight. All my headlights look new.
I know Aero 303 is great for UV protection but it's a liquid and doesn't really absorb into the headlight and is too thin to act as a coating. Do you have to re-apply it often ?, I love the product but never thought of using it on exterior lights. Sounds like it has worked for you.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Porter Cable + Yellow Pad + Plastx worked great on my Altima. I do need to put some sealant on it though :?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by k3nt,Jan 5 2011, 01:58 PM
will do.

I just ordered a kit from Ryder--i guess it is a popular choice for commercial trucking fleets. sounds promising for our application. i will go through the process in a week or so after i receive the kit and report back either in this thread or in a new one...if the product works so well that it warrants a new topic.

in the meantime, here is an authentic QLab report about the product: http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/pdf/Q-LabReport.pdf
Updates?
Old 01-22-2011, 04:17 AM

I used the turtle wax head light restore. They were both turning yellow, but right after I used it, I broke one of the head lights. So now one is new, and one is the 7 year restored one. you can't even tell the difference. It came with it's own sealant and everything to wet sand it on top of the polish. I'm happy with it. I tried it on some other cars, it didn't seem to work too well if you have alot of semi deep scratches but other wise good results. I never thought of using wax but it did remind me of waxing.

Quick Reply: How do I keep my headlights looking new?