S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

How To: Clean your Carpet

Old 11-15-2009, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry How To: Clean your Carpet

So imagine you are headed to work with your morning cup of Joe, and you hit a bump you couldn't see. #@!**.

It's okay we all have bad days, so you get home and call the first person you know can clean this mess up. Here I will go over the steps to clean the interior of your car, clean or not so clean.

Items Used
Shop Vac
Bissell Little Green Clean Machine - LGCM
Folex Carpet Stain Spray
Oxi-Clean
2 Buckets
Interior Scrub Brush
Microfiber Towels

1. (Optional) This step makes the rest 1000x easier. Remove the seats out of the car. Usually it only takes a couple of bolts.

2. Give the interior a through vacuuming.

3. Pre-treat all of the stained areas with your folex spray. Make sure to give the areas a liberal spray so that lifting and removing the stains will be easier.

4. While the pre-treatment is working itself in, fill your 2 buckets with HOT water. Water from the tap will do just fine, no need to boil it.

5. Take one of the buckets with hot water and add 1 ounce of oxi-clean/16 ounces of water. Let the oxi-clean dissolve into this bucket, and leave the other bucket just plain with water.

6. While the oxi-clean is dissolving, take your interior scrub brush and scrub the pre-treated areas. Give them about 15-20 second scrub each area.

7. With your hands, or a small bottle, scoop out some oxi/h2o solution and pour it into the affected area. Work one area at a time. Make sure you get enough solution in the area, and then start scrubbing. Once you think you have scrubbed enough, scrub some more, and then suck up all of the solution with your LGCM.

8. Now take some of your water only, and pour that in the same area, then suck up the water with your LGCM. This is your rinse cycle. If the water coming up from the carpet is totally clear, then move on to the next area. If not, repeat step #7. solution/scrub/rinse until you are happy with the results. The water coming up from the carpet will most likely never be totally clear, but it also shouldn't look like chocolate milk, you be the judge.

9. When doing your final rinse cycle, suck up all the water you can, your carpet/seats should be moist not wet.

10. When you are finished with all of the areas spray febreeze under your seats, and under your floor mats (if applicable)

When you are finally done you should have something that looks similar to this.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice write up da jellie!!

will add this to our "how tos" sticky...
Old 11-16-2009, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the write up!

Might I just add that once you have your carpets looking like new you may want to finish up by treating them to some Scotch Guard or 303 makes an AWESOME fabric protectant. If you treat your carpets with 303 Fabric water will literally bead on them. It's incredible and it will prevent spills from causing stains.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:23 PM

I really need to try that when i get my DA carpet / seats all cleaned up.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Nov 16 2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the write up!

Might I just add that once you have your carpets looking like new you may want to finish up by treating them to some Scotch Guard or 303 makes an AWESOME fabric protectant. If you treat your carpets with 303 Fabric water will literally bead on them. It's incredible and it will prevent spills from causing stains.
That's great to hear, thanks for that. I abandoned Scotchguard years ago - the smell of it gives me a headache, and to be honest, I was never convinced it did much of anything anyway.

Can the 303 be found at boating supply places like the vinyl protectant stuff?
Old 11-17-2009, 07:57 AM

I know you can find 303 protectant from teh sponsor here detailersdomain.com
Old 11-17-2009, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by krshultz,Nov 17 2009, 02:47 AM
That's great to hear, thanks for that. I abandoned Scotchguard years ago - the smell of it gives me a headache, and to be honest, I was never convinced it did much of anything anyway.

Can the 303 be found at boating supply places like the vinyl protectant stuff?
303 Fabric Guard is GREAT it also has Sunbrella for UV protection to prevent your rugs from fading.

I can't remember where I got my bottle from. I'm sure you can get it on-line 100 places and with the holiday season coming around there will be plenty of sales. So just add it to the wish list for your next order.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use 303 on my top and I'll never use anything different.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Nov 17 2009, 05:22 PM
303 Fabric Guard is GREAT it also has Sunbrella for UV protection to prevent your rugs from fading.

I can't remember where I got my bottle from. I'm sure you can get it on-line 100 places and with the holiday season coming around there will be plenty of sales. So just add it to the wish list for your next order.
West Marine retail stores sell 303 products. I saw a nice array of them at the WM here in Norfolk.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:31 PM

quick question: is oxy clean safe to use on red carpet? I've been using Folex for spot treatments, but am weary to use oxy clean as I thought it had bleach like properties.

Quick Reply: How To: Clean your Carpet