S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

How to clean tan interior?

Old 01-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to clean tan interior?

Hey all,

I tend to leave my top down a lot and naturally dirt gets onto the seats and door panels. As of late, I can't seem to remove this dirt. For example, where I rest my elbow on the door panel... The vinyl in that area has become slightly discolored and when I try to remove the dirt with my leather cleaners it doesn't remove the dirt. The same applies for the seats.

If you guys have any ideas how I can make my seats and panels look like new, I will have many many thanks.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U,Jan 22 2007, 07:04 PM
Hey all,

I tend to leave my top down a lot and naturally dirt gets onto the seats and door panels. As of late, I can't seem to remove this dirt. For example, where I rest my elbow on the door panel... The vinyl in that area has become slightly discolored and when I try to remove the dirt with my leather cleaners it doesn't remove the dirt. The same applies for the seats.

If you guys have any ideas how I can make my seats and panels look like new, I will have many many thanks.
we have a leather expert here...
he will want to know what products you have tried so far -
Old 01-22-2007, 08:05 PM

I have used some Meguiar's Gold care cream as well as a spray on similar to Lexol.

Neither has worked for cleaning the actual leather and vinyl.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:32 AM

Anybody?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

while we are waiting for our leather expert, i can tell you that my choices would be townsends cleaner on the leather, followed by their preservative.
i would use vinylex on the vinyl parts- if the vinylex cant get the stains then i would use an all in one type cleaner and be very careful not to get it on the leather. then follow that with the vinylex
Old 01-23-2007, 07:51 AM

Personally, I've also found that Townsend's leather cleaner works very well on vinyl too. If that fails, I would recommend using a nylon brush and 50/50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water (apply Vinylex afterwards). That stuff has taken out some pretty mean stains from interiors I've worked on I can't say whether or not it will work on leather, though, as I'm not sure if it is harmful to leather and so I haven't tried it yet.

Some people have also had good success using Woolite diluted 10:1 with water. I've never tried it myself, but it seems like a popular choice with the folks over on Autopia...
Old 01-23-2007, 08:25 AM

I've got this same problem.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:57 AM

Glad I am not the only person with this issue!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by diabolus2k,Jan 23 2007, 08:51 AM
Some people have also had good success using Woolite diluted 10:1 with water. I've never tried it myself, but it seems like a popular choice with the folks over on Autopia...
What kind of Woolite?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meguiar's APC diluted 10:1 is also really great at cleaning vinyl and carpet. Dirt literally melts away. However, our leather expert has advised me to keep it off the leather. I believe he stated the pH is too alkaline for leather.

As for the leather . . . creams are just not going to cut it. I would go out and get a good dedicated leather cleaner. Of course, Townsends is a favorite around here (I haven't personally tried it . . . yet). Lexol, Zymol, Meguiar's, and several others are good alternatives though.

Quick Reply: How to clean tan interior?