S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

How can I become more efficient at detailing?

Old 08-02-2006, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! That's a really nice thing to say. I really appreciate that.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by afwfjustin,Aug 2 2006, 12:19 PM
^but you're definitely a huge asset to us detailing newbies! I've started my little detailing business here in Atlanta and I cannot keep up with the amount of cars that want me to do work! I read through all these threads and I must say that you are a big help.

<3
im with them. without mikeyC, anime, wanabe and ubetit ide be totally lost when cleaning my car. ide still be washing with dish soap every time and waxing with only turtle wax ICE. having not so clean rims and no wet look on my car at all. the interior would not have any protection and would only be wiped down with a MF towel every so often. these guys are deffinatly my heros for keeping my car in better shape.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Former Moderator

Thanks for the kind words.

I like to help people but I had two experiences the other night that made me smile. I went to look at a body kit i'm thinking about buying and the guy commented on my paint looking perfect. I also stopped and got gas on the way home and a a guy comes over to me and asks what wax I use. It's moments like those that make it worth the many hours of work for me.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^god I miss those days. My car looks like crap all the time because of the body damage I have. I spent my insurance hit and run money on modifications so I have a busted rear end and 1/4 panel and I never take care of my car anymore. I sure make other people's cars pretty though!

Once I find a new bumper and get my 1/4 panel fixed... I'm going to spend an entire weekend detailing the living crap out of my car and I'll get those "omg your car is SIX YEARS OLD?!?!?!?!" comments again
Old 08-03-2006, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Aug 3 2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

I like to help people but I had two experiences the other night that made me smile. I went to look at a body kit i'm thinking about buying and the guy commented on my paint looking perfect. I also stopped and got gas on the way home and a a guy comes over to me and asks what wax I use. It's moments like those that make it worth the many hours of work for me.
One better on you... mine compliments usually come from ladies =). Most times I don't even notice, but once my friend rode shotgun with me after I had just put on a layer of natty's blue and the car was wet . He was like "dude every girl is staring at your car... " and he pointed at one hottie in a minivan with her hubby =p
Old 08-03-2006, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by importkid,Aug 3 2006, 10:56 AM
im with them. without mikeyC, anime, wanabe and ubetit ide be totally lost when cleaning my car. ide still be washing with dish soap every time and waxing with only turtle wax ICE. having not so clean rims and no wet look on my car at all. the interior would not have any protection and would only be wiped down with a MF towel every so often. these guys are deffinatly my heros for keeping my car in better shape.

No telling what mine would look like without the info from this group.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by importkid,Aug 3 2006, 01:56 PM

There are a lot of great guys in this forum who are very knowledgeable and very happy to help other people.

I've seen other car owner's websites and their wash & wax forums are no where near as good as ours. There's always some guy babbling about using Soft Scrub on his paint (or something even more bone headed) and all the other guys say "Wow! That's a great idea. I'll have to try that. Your car came out great!"