S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

HOnda Polish

Old 09-20-2005, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOnda Polish

Have anyone ever tried the Honda Polish Spray?? They have it to be use on motorcycles, but I just wondered if it can be applied to the s2k without any harm.

Anyone have any idea??
Old 09-20-2005, 08:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowkawi,Sep 20 2005, 07:17 PM
Have anyone ever tried the Honda Polish Spray?? They have it to be use on motorcycles, but I just wondered if it can be applied to the s2k without any harm.

Anyone have any idea??
nope- only know that its a quick detailer for bikes

http://www.honda.ca/MotorcycleEng/Accessor...100-CB66946.htm

there are plenty of great quick detailers for cars- probably less expensive too...
need some ideas for quick detailers for your car?
if so, do you prefer carnuba or synthetic based products?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:29 PM

I am currently using NXT spray wax whick I apply to an applicator and hand buffing with a MF cloth. Anything else out there that is good whick I can try??
Old 09-22-2005, 10:06 AM

there are several good products out there - a couple of questions for you:

1. what are you looking for in your protection? are you looking for ease of use (which usually is not the best long term protection) or are you looking for the longest and strongest protection (but requires more time and effort)?

2. are you just looking for a quick detailer (something you use to keep the car freshly waxed looking that is used over a real wax or synthetic)?

3. maybe if you can give us an idea of how much time you are willing to spend in protecting (waxing, etc.) your car that would help

4. cant tell from your avatar what color your car is (white cars are much easier to do quick jobs on than black cars)

5. i notice that your car is about 5 years old- has it ever been polished?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Sep 22 2005, 10:06 AM
there are several good products out there - a couple of questions for you:

1. what are you looking for in your protection? are you looking for ease of use (which usually is not the best long term protection) or are you looking for the longest and strongest protection (but requires more time and effort)?

2. are you just looking for a quick detailer (something you use to keep the car freshly waxed looking that is used over a real wax or synthetic)?

3. maybe if you can give us an idea of how much time you are willing to spend in protecting (waxing, etc.) your car that would help

4. cant tell from your avatar what color your car is (white cars are much easier to do quick jobs on than black cars)

5. i notice that your car is about 5 years old- has it ever been polished?
I am looking for ease of use, but something that will last a long time.

I just traded my old car in for MY05 NFR so I would love to keep it shiny.

I have spent 2+ hours just waxing my car w/synthetic (NXT), so I don't mind putting in the time it takes to make the car showroom condition.

How long does NXT last? or I read on the forum about "Zymol", have you use that? What do you do to make your car looking showroom condition? I see that your car is black.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:03 AM

I've used it on mine, but only in limited areas to remove road tar & spot cleaning bird crap (sprayed the cloth, not the car).

The main thing I found with it is that it is good for quick fixes, but I wouldn't use it to do the whole car. The amount of time you'd use would be >= to the time spent washing it properly with water and are more likely to scratch the surface.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:29 PM

nxt generally lasts more like a carnuba than like most synthetics (generally not as long). that is the most common complaint about it.

based on what you indicated, i would suggest finish first-
it is a synthetic that is about the easiest to use that i know of. two coats of that would probably take you several months of great shine.
you did not answer the question about polish, so i will assume you have not polished yet.

after washing, my suggestion would be to clay, then a light polish or paint cleaner (maybe a swirl remover)- you could alternatively polish first, then feel the car to see if it needs to be clayed. often a good polish will get most of the contaminents.

after preping the car, you apply the finish first and let it cure for at least 30 minutes. then remove it. if you have time, do that again. if not, then just apply the second coat next time you detail the car (like my wife just did with her new bmw)...
Old 09-23-2005, 03:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Hmm, I probably have a six pack of this stuff in my garage right now. I use it on my bikes (three Hondas) but I will not use it on my car unless in a serious pinch.

The cleaners in it tend to remove true car waxes.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Sep 23 2005, 12:29 PM
nxt generally lasts more like a carnuba than like most synthetics (generally not as long). that is the most common complaint about it.

based on what you indicated, i would suggest finish first-
it is a synthetic that is about the easiest to use that i know of. two coats of that would probably take you several months of great shine.
you did not answer the question about polish, so i will assume you have not polished yet.

after washing, my suggestion would be to clay, then a light polish or paint cleaner (maybe a swirl remover)- you could alternatively polish first, then feel the car to see if it needs to be clayed. often a good polish will get most of the contaminents.

after preping the car, you apply the finish first and let it cure for at least 30 minutes. then remove it. if you have time, do that again. if not, then just apply the second coat next time you detail the car (like my wife just did with her new bmw)...
Thanks for all the inputs everyone!!!!!

I have never heard of "Finish First"--where can I get a hold of that???

I used to have a motercyle and I've used Honda Polish spray and it worked great, but I am hesitant to use on my S. Probably stick to wash and wax.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by yellowkawi,Sep 23 2005, 06:56 PM

I have never heard of "Finish First"--where can I get a hold of that???
its in the sticky at the top of our main page...

http://www.finishfirstpolish.com/

Quick Reply: HOnda Polish