S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Hit By Fly Ball

Old 03-30-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hit By Fly Ball

As im driving home my S is hit by a fly ball from small kids playing baseball (community league, Middletown Recreation Association)... I can't get any answers from the people there so I called the claims number for my insurance (which is though SafeCO). They told me that this type of incident would be a comprehisive claim and I have a $100 deductiable. I asked if I made the claim, would my rates go up? She told me that I would need to get incontact with my local agent to get an answer on that, as they would make the decision. That's fine and all, I'll be able to contact him tomorrow.

The baseball hit the hood of my car (centered left and right, and about a foot from the windshield) Do you think my rates would change from this claim?

The dent is between a nickle and quarter in size... the lighting is not very good so it makes the damange look less than it actually is.
The dent and scatched paint is very noticable. I cleaned the area with quick detailer... the area is very rough to the touch and the scratches fell deep.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

That really sucks, you might try a Paintless dent repair facility to repair that area.
I personally have never used their service, but friends have and were pleased.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:00 PM

yeah paintless dent removal works wonders. Never had it done on my S2000, but I had it dont on my old car a few times and it worked great. It cost me 75 bux a pannel with up to 5 dings in it, and then an extra 5 bux per ding if there was over 5. As far as the scratches I dont know what to do there, but somone else might know of something to help you out with that. Good luck.

-Ian
Old 03-30-2008, 02:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i guess its up to me to give the typical s2ki response "that'll buff right out! " sorry to hear about that unfortunate event, i mean, you can always tell your insurance company its a vandalism, as long as you have comprehensive coverage. i dont know about baseballs flying randomly at you but i know vandalism doesnt increase your insurance rates
Old 03-30-2008, 02:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

had the same thing happen to me with a soccer ball (maybe a little better than a baseball)- used a dent remover kit that i have and some polish to repair mine...

agree with the ideas posted above this-
Old 03-30-2008, 03:59 PM

Thanks to all the responses... I'm going to contact my local agent tomorrow. My comprehensive deductible is only $100 (hopefully my rates don't increase). There
Old 03-30-2008, 05:47 PM

Rates should not increase as you were not at fault.

...and holy resize image batman!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by GPWhiteS2kFTW,Mar 30 2008, 05:47 PM
...and holy resize image batman!
lol... Fixed!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

If your insurance goes up that would be so lame. I mean what they gonna say? Its your fault and you shouldnt have been there. If they increase it I would of been so pissed.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:23 PM

I received the confirmation that there would be no rate change if I end up having to use my insurance to make the claim.

My local City Hall was able to provide me with the cell phone number for the President of the Recreation Association that hit my car …. Now I’m just waiting to hear back from him.

Quick Reply: Hit By Fly Ball