S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Hello Wash and Wax! I need your expertise

Old 06-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Wash and Wax! I need your expertise

Hello wash and wax forum, ive never posted here before! so heres where im at. I have a 2002 NFR S, and in the last couple years, my paint has begun to oxidize. My car sits in the elements all year because i have an older house with no garage. i have kept it pretty clean over the years, and applied some wax here and there, but it was obviously not enough. I have definite moderate to heavy oxidation on my hood and trunk lid, as well as my mirrors. no peeling of the clearcoat yet thank god, but i have a feeling it is around the corner. so, i finally convinced the wife to let me spring for a PC to make my S look new again. heres where i need some help.

I have spent many hours reading and researching about the PC and accompanying products, but there are so many and there is so much information that i feel totally overwhelmed. I understand that i need to wash, clay, use a product to remove the oxidation and swirls, then another finer polish, then something like a glaze or sealant(?) then finally wax over the top, correct? so i am hoping someone here can help me figure out the best combo of products for me. Im on a budget and thus cannot buy a bunch to see what works, i need to try and get it about right out of the gate. my budget is $300.00. i understand that i will probably have to buy multiples of each pad, due to the tinted primer of NFR coloring the pads as well correct? i certainly have swirl marks, probably moderate ones, so i need to remove those, but my biggest concern is the oxidation and then the finish afterward that will protect it. It gets awfully hot sitting in the sun in Fresno, CA.

i was looking at one of these packages, thinking they were up my alley:
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/xmt-p...diate-kit.html
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/xmt-p...-duty-kit.html

what does the forum think? is it too much? too little? should i buy it plus another product or two to supplement the range there? or is there maybe a better package for me?

I am very open to suggestions, as i feel a bit lost in the tide of products available to me. please help me out! My S thanks you ahead of time

Best
Stephen
Old 06-24-2011, 04:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would consider this one.

http://detailersdomain.com/carcarepr...nzernaKit.html

Phil