S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Griot's Foaming Sprayer Review!

Old 04-16-2020, 08:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Griot's Foaming Sprayer Review!

Greetings! I wanted to do a test and review on the new Griot's Foaming Sprayer. I like their products in general and this is pretty cheap so I figured I would give it a try. Check out the video below for my full review on the Car Savant YouTube channel! Please post any comments or questions! [cool]

Old 04-18-2020, 06:10 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I saw this product on sale at my local auto store today for $32.99, and I think it had a $10.00 rebate offer inside. I've already invested in the Griot's Boss Foam Canon and if you want to see real foam clean your car, you can step up to the Boss system. The Boss system requires a pressure washer, so there are cost factors to figure in. This looks like a fairly quick way to safety clean a well-cared for vehicle.

I wasn't clear on the video. You mentioned that you can keep the hose nozzle on the hose and connect the foam sprayer, or do you remove the nozzle to hook up the sprayer?
Old 04-20-2020, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
I saw this product on sale at my local auto store today for $32.99, and I think it had a $10.00 rebate offer inside. I've already invested in the Griot's Boss Foam Canon and if you want to see real foam clean your car, you can step up to the Boss system. The Boss system requires a pressure washer, so there are cost factors to figure in. This looks like a fairly quick way to safety clean a well-cared for vehicle.

I wasn't clear on the video. You mentioned that you can keep the hose nozzle on the hose and connect the foam sprayer, or do you remove the nozzle to hook up the sprayer?

Hi,

Thanks for watching! Yes the foaming sprayer we reviewed is more of a basic setup for the DIY typical car owner. We will be reviewing the Griot's Boss foam cannon as well in a future video, which is a great setup and one of the best! For the foaming sprayer, you can keep the hose nozzle on the hose and simply connect the foaming sprayer when it is ready to use.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:08 PM

I can't go back and watch the video right now, yet is that hose nozzle a Griot's product as well? If so, do you have the part number?
Old 04-20-2020, 02:37 PM

I can't go back and watch the video right now, yet is that hose nozzle a Griot's product as well? If so, do you have the part number?
Yes, the hose nozzle comes with the foaming sprayer kit.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:34 PM

I do have to say that on first watching, it, I was not impressed with the foam output of this device. It seems very wimpy, especially comparing it to the Boss Foam Canon, my only reference point.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:35 PM

I do have to say that on first watching, it, I was not impressed with the foam output of this device. It seems very wimpy, especially comparing it to the Boss Foam Canon, my only reference point.
That's because it operates with a standard hose, not a pressure washer. All of the other hose powered ones I have tested have similar output. You really can't compare them to a pressure washer powered unit.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:01 PM

Fair enough. They are two different foam delivery systems. The Foam sprayer for $40 seems to do well with repeated applications. How many times did you foam the car for the one wash sequence?
Old 05-20-2020, 10:06 AM

Fair enough. They are two different foam delivery systems. The Foam sprayer for $40 seems to do well with repeated applications. How many times did you foam the car for the one wash sequence?
I foamed it a couple times. Overall, a good, cheap easy to use setup. I will be testing the BOSS soon.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:51 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,232 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Anyone have a video or link to one on the "cannon" foamer. I have a pressure washer and would love to get under the car with as well as a normal wash.

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: Griot's Foaming Sprayer Review!