S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Green Earth Tech. G-Foam Blaster Tested *Video*

Old 05-22-2011, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so would i be able to attach the foam blaster to the wand with the connector or would i need a different hose/wand?
Old 05-22-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chuhsi
I have some AR $100 pressure washer. If I can get the adapter to fit this canon, I'm totally buying the setup.
I have an AR Blue Clean pressure washer and have not found a way to use this yet. I've emailed their customer support and haven't had much luck.

Originally Posted by toniotran
so would i be able to attach the foam blaster to the wand with the connector or would i need a different hose/wand?
It depends on the connector that your wand has. Most gas pressure washers use this fitting. Most electric ones don't. If you have an electric (Karcher, Husky/FAIP/Campbell Hausfield, Black and Decker) this might help. (Doesn't have the adapter for the AR Blue Clean bayonet.)
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1&ddkey=Search
Old 05-22-2011, 08:26 PM

so if my pressure washer gun looks like this with a connector at the end, could i just go straight to connecting the foam blaster or am i still missing something?

Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM

so if my pressure washer gun looks like this with a connector at the end, could i just go straight to connecting the foam blaster or am i still missing something?

If your gun looks like that, you're ready to rock. If you're really concerned, bring it to Home Depot and test fit it before you buy.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:48 PM

awesome, that is exactly what i'm gonna do. thanks a bunch
Old 05-22-2011, 09:07 PM

and to wash the car, which spray nozzle would I attach?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you want to rinse or dispense a foamy soap?

For those interested, a quick update:
On our way down to Florida my wife and I ran through a storm of Love Bugs that got to sit on the wife's RAV4 for a week, bleh. Anyhow perfect opportunity to try out the foam blaster with APC and Meguiar's Gold Class only. I used ~3 oz for each trial run and the foamer, well, foamed like crazy. Tonight I tried to do a quick wash (Megs. GC) without using a soap bucket. I was able to wash the entire vehicle with plenty of soap left over.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:41 PM

To rinse, you can use a 25 degree (green) tip should work well. Just make sure you keep 3-4 feet from the car and don't spray against the seals.
As far as orifice size, you'll need to check your pressure and flow rate. Here is a page that has a table for it.
http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com...-QC/p4204.html

Originally Posted by CarbonCrew
For those interested, a quick update:
On our way down to Florida my wife and I ran through a storm of Love Bugs that got to sit on the wife's RAV4 for a week, bleh. Anyhow perfect opportunity to try out the foam blaster with APC and Meguiar's Gold Class only. I used ~3 oz for each trial run and the foamer, well, foamed like crazy. Tonight I tried to do a quick wash (Megs. GC) without using a soap bucket. I was able to wash the entire vehicle with plenty of soap left over.
How does the foamer attachment work when you set the detergent to all the way low? Does it come out without any soap? The quick wash was just with Gold Class (no APC)? Did you use a wash mit or just high pressure water?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used it with Meg's Gold Class only and the foam didn't seem to stick that much. I'm not sure if it's because the car I used it on was white (so it was hard to really notice), was still somewhat clean (it was washed 2 weeks ago), or the sealant I used was still very slick so most of it was just sliding right off.

When I turned the soap switch to off, I didn't notice any soap coming out.

Also, what I did was spray the whole car once and let it sit for a couple of minutes, sprayed it all off with the pressure washer (with my original wand, not the foam cannon), and then sprayed each section/panel again with the foam as I washed with a mitt and sprayed the foam off with the foam cannon attachment set to no soap (I got lazy and didn't want to keep swapping attachments). I read somewhere that the spray wasn't as strong using the cannon without soap being dispensed compared to a regular wand but I didn't notice much of a difference with my washer.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:14 PM

if using meguiars gold class car wash the soap to water ratio should be 1:4 while adding water slowly so that there is no foam in the bottle right? if you didn't do that then that might be the reason why the foam didn't stick.

Quick Reply: Green Earth Tech. G-Foam Blaster Tested *Video*