S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Green Earth Tech. G-Foam Blaster Tested *Video*

Old 05-09-2011, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Green Earth Tech. G-Foam Blaster Tested *Video*

A few days ago someone asked if they had any experiences with the Green Earth Technologies G-Foam Blaster available from Home Depot. Here's the link to Home Depot's product page: Home Depot - G-Foam Blaster The foam lance only costs ~$18 and I think is worth every penny, consider boutique stores are selling similar product for $100+.

I have had no prior experiences with the foam lance and was unsure of what to mix into the container. I used ~3 oz of Meguiars Gold Wash and 2 oz of Meguiars APC.

Let me know if you have any questions.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyvOxU6daLU[/media]
Old 05-09-2011, 05:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What're the flow and pressure ratings on your pressure washer?

Won't the APC remove wax? How does it perform without APC? Do you add any water to the bottle to thin it out? How much of your solution did you use when coating the truck?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:21 PM

The pressure washer I'm using is a Greenworks 1700 PSI 1.4 GPM Electric Pressure Washer, nothing fancy.

Yes, the APC will remove wax. This is my commuter truck that I really don't give a rats ass about. It's been neglected lately and I was curious if the APC would cut any of the crud off the truck. I haven't tried it without the APC, yet. Most likely tomorrow night I'll be using only the Meguiars Gold shampoo on the wifes car. I'll report back the results.

The detergent tank on the G-Foam blaster is 12oz. I poured about 5oz of shampoo/apc in the tank and topped off with warm water.

Prior to 'filming' the video, I laid down a pretty large test bed to make sure I wouldn't look like an idiot. The detergent bottle had plenty left to coat the vehicle probably two more times.

Any other questions I can answer?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:27 PM

1. What is APC?
2. I just bought one of these, haven't used it yet. Do you just cover the car in foam, let sit, and rinse? Or do you scrub it and then rinse?

-Nick.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nick.
1. What is APC?
2. I just bought one of these, haven't used it yet. Do you just cover the car in foam, let sit, and rinse? Or do you scrub it and then rinse?

-Nick.
This is Meguiar's APC:

It is some really good stuff that can be diluted in various ratios to tackle pretty much any grime you throw at it, from exterior to interior.

If I had enough day light I would have let the foam sit for a few minutes then scrub. I've been super busy lately and I've been going crazy trying to find the time to use the foam blaster, unforntaley that window was narrow and I only had the time spray and rinse.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:34 PM

Spray and rinse does a pretty decent job? I think this would be great as like an in between quick wash, will try it this weekend!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CarbonCrew
The pressure washer I'm using is a Greenworks 1700 PSI 1.4 GPM Electric Pressure Washer, nothing fancy.

Yes, the APC will remove wax. This is my commuter truck that I really don't give a rats ass about. It's been neglected lately and I was curious if the APC would cut any of the crud off the truck. I haven't tried it without the APC, yet. Most likely tomorrow night I'll be using only the Meguiars Gold shampoo on the wifes car. I'll report back the results.

The detergent tank on the G-Foam blaster is 12oz. I poured about 5oz of shampoo/apc in the tank and topped off with warm water.

Prior to 'filming' the video, I laid down a pretty large test bed to make sure I wouldn't look like an idiot. The detergent bottle had plenty left to coat the vehicle probably two more times.

Any other questions I can answer?
Absolutely awesome post. I was really curious about getting one of these but I don't have a pressure washer. Since I'd be using it was washing cars more than big cleaning, I think I'll be getting an electric instead of a gas one.

Very interested in the no APC results. I hear that APC is supposed to foam a decent amount so I'm hoping that it isn't what's causing the awesome foaminess because I don't want to re-wax every time. (And I have APC+ which was formulated to foam less.)
Old 05-10-2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by CarbonCrew
A few days ago someone asked if they had any experiences with the Green Earth Technologies G-Foam Blaster available from Home Depot. Here's the link to Home Depot's product page: Home Depot - G-Foam Blaster The foam lance only costs ~$18 and I think is worth every penny, consider boutique stores are selling similar product for $100+.

I have had no prior experiences with the foam lance and was unsure of what to mix into the container. I used ~3 oz of Meguiars Gold Wash and 2 oz of Meguiars APC.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Nice, thanks for posting the video. I was the one who started the other thread about this and I'm glad it worked out for you. I'll probably be picking one up this week.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how does it connect to the pressure washer? I'm wondering if i can somehow connect it to mine.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked one of these up as well and I need to purchase an adapter kit to use it with my pressure washer. Watching your video made me wanna go and pick up that adapter tonight! Did you have to use an adapter or did it hook right up to your PW?

Quick Reply: Green Earth Tech. G-Foam Blaster Tested *Video*