S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Got my shipment from autogeeks.net

Old 08-17-2007, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my shipment from autogeeks.net

I had all of my wacko supplies stolen a few months ago, https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...472644&hl=stole, and had to restock the garage. I took Mikey C's advice and spent way too much money at Autogeeks.net. Last week I did my usual monthly routine of Meguiars cleaner wax topped with NXT. Today, I used Poorboys slick and suds wash, my new waffle Cobra towels and topped the NXT with a coat of P21S. Wow, the black is popping. A big thank you to the Wash and Wax Wackos for leading me to some new products that I never would have considered, but love now that I have them. How's it looking?

Old 08-18-2007, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good.

How was your experience with autogeek? I will never shop there again.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by racecarpete,Aug 18 2007, 03:28 AM
Looks good.

Really, I've ordered from them many, many times and on the rare occasion I have a problem with my order they more than make up for it.

Anyway, ebeldesign, the car looks great. You picked some very nice products to order.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:51 AM

Car looks sexy... I want mine back

Clear Side markers FTW.

What wheels are those too? I really like them.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

checkin in from a handheld-- can see the shine no problem... lookin nice!

...but hard to see your wacko badge- heading off to get more badges later today. if yous is missing pm me and it will be fixed!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by racecarpete,Aug 18 2007, 12:28 AM
Looks good.

Any reason? Their CS has always been great for me, I think I've placed more than $3000 in orders from them!
Old 08-18-2007, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jaeden09,Aug 18 2007, 06:51 AM
Car looks sexy... I want mine back

Clear Side markers FTW.

What wheels are those too? I really like them.
thanks for the kind words, wackos. There is more in store, but I want to wait until just before the homecoming to polish it out and really maximize the shine. I polished it earlier this year and it doesnt look bad, but I want to perfect it before the world's largest meet.

The wheels are Advan RGIIs that I had refinished in AlsaCorp GhostChrome.

I'm sorry to hear about the AutoGeek experience, what exactly happened?
Old 08-18-2007, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by FMINUS,Aug 18 2007, 09:34 AM
Any reason? Their CS has always been great for me, I think I've placed more than $3000 in orders from them!
I live in Hawaii and that seems to be the reason that there was so much trouble.

They offer free shipping to everyone in the US except Hawaii and Alaska. That's completely fine by me. However, they required that all orders get shipped by 2 day air only. This is also nothing new. I am used to paying high shipping charges because well, I live on an island. It's really not that big a deal.

Contrary to what most believe, ALL of the major shipping companies, UPS, FEDEX, DHL, and USPS have ground service to hawaii. I don't quite know how that works but they all do.

Anyways, I placed the order and payed the $45 shipping for UPS 2nd day air shipping. I did not get a confirmation email for nearly 36 hours. It took numberous emails and phone calls before I got a tracking number. By this time I was figuring that the package would be at my doorstep when I got home from work and there would be a nice packing slip. Sometimes with 2nd day air the packages arrive before I get any online confirmation.

However, the email arrived and the items were shipped UPS GROUND. I payed for 2nd day air and I expected 2nd day air.

After 5 emails and 3 messages on their machine, I finally got a call back 24 hours later. They stated that the shipping calculator was wrong and they were doing me a favor by sending it at the quoted rate. I asked why I was not notified and they replied with, we sent you an email. I told them that I did not receive an email.

The lady then said that the shipping should have been 60 dollars. I asked how it could be so inaccurate and she said that my package was over sized and had to be broken into 2 boxes. I told them that, that was a problem that they should address and not have me on the receiving end of their problem. I should have been notified or they should have shipped it and ate the cost. That's standard business practices. Had they called in a timely manner, I would have been ok with it. It went back and forth for about 20 minutes until I threatened to dispute the charge. She then said that she would be crediting me back the shipping charge.

I received the packages 10 days later. It was 2 boxes and I asked the guys at UPS if the packages were oversized. They said no. I asked, had the boxes been combined would it have gone over size or over the shipping weight and they also said no. They said it would have saved the shipper some money.

I really like autogeeks website. I wanted to have a good experience, I really did. It is about as close as it gets to one stop shopping. The markups on the local retailers are so outrageous that with the shipping charges, I was still saving a ton of money.

The problem was, there was almost no customer service. They were very slow with any type of response, they did not notify me of any changes, and they lied to me about the shipping. I mean, it wasn't a huge order but it wasn't a small one either.

I have a lot more stuff I need to order, thanks to you guys, but I don't want to go through that again.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:11 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Sounds like as you mentioned a lot of the problem was related to the fact that you live in Hawaii.

Have you ever tried Pakshak? They are local to you (maybe not on the same island). I've heard lots of great feedback about them especially their towels.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:38 PM

Pakshak is local to me. They are about a half hour away, I've been meaning to stop by but their business hours conflict with my work schedule. They also have a markup on a lot of the stuff. They are having a pretty crazy towel sale right now though...

Damnit Mikey! Now I have to go spend more money. My G/F is going to kill me.

Quick Reply: Got my shipment from autogeeks.net