S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Got my car back from the body shop

Old 02-04-2005, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my car back from the body shop

I got my car back from the body shop last Friday.

The car looks great, but the whole front end has swirl marks on it already. They're not really in a circular motion. They look like they're going mostly front to rear. I've washed the car once since I got it back. I used a brand new sheepskin washmit and a terrycloth towel to dry it off. I noticed the next day in the sun light that there are streak marks in the new paint, all over the front end. I find it hard to believe that I could have done this during one wash. Do you think it could be there from wet sanding? The shop said I can't wax the car for the next 3 months, so I have to wait before I can attempt to polish them out. It definitely looks like I need a Portacable and some 3M Hand Glaze!
Old 02-05-2005, 08:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

first, not sure that you need hand glaze, and especially not with the pc.
it is possible that the body shop did light swirl the car, or you might have also when you washed it.
in either case, you should wait until they say you can polish before you do a swirl removal...
of the 3m products, the swirl remover for light colored cars would be my first choice- and if you can get a pc that is my recommendation.
be sure to do plenty of reading so that you understand polishing- its not like any other procedure- you gotta really work the stuff to get it to do its job (which is why i like the pc for polishing). but a good polish followed by a good wax or synthetic will make your car look better than new!