S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Going to detail a Porsche Carrera S need advice

Old 12-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to detail a Porsche Carrera S need advice

Hi everybody sorry for my bad english i am from Panama here our first lenguage is Spanish. So i started up a detailing mobile biss like 3 months ago . At now is doing me fine so my uncle send me his sons Crv so we we do the job and we finish the car and he was surprise by the results . he have 3 nice rides but he wants to detaling his Blue Porsche so i want some advices from the detailing gurus here the car is from 2007 so is almost new is a daily driver i have a lot of products but , i dont know what power combination could make the best results...

here are my products in stock

- Meguiars gold class shampoo
- 3M hand rubbing compound ( not the professional )
- meguiars mirror glaze
- waxes = gold class wax , ultimate nxt wax , color x , carnauba wax

i think the best option would be
1. shampoo gold class
2. clay bar meguiars
3. 3m rubbing compound
4. mirror glaze meguiar
5.color x polish wax

any advice or help would be great i want to learn from the professionals... thanks

Old 12-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using a machine polisher at all? Doing it all by hand probably won't do much IMHO.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:20 PM

i have a professional black and decker machine
Old 12-28-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my thoughts:

from visual inspection after you wash and dry, does the car have swirls? if so, you need to polish.
proper polishing involves a machine. in the u.s. we have a few choices- i still like the porter cable as my go to.
the porter cable is a pretty safe machine- hard to damage the paint with it. that said, a compound is not where i would start. if the paint is in decent but not perfect shape, a much lighter polish (like a swirl remover) is a better choice. can you get menzerna products where you are? they make some great polishes.
your glaze is not a bad product, but it also can be replaced with a good polish.
so i would get a good polish and forget the compound or the glaze. those have uses, but not on a nice car wtih decent paint.

woops- just noticed that you have a black and decker. but i dont know which one - if its not a random orbital, forget it until you have some good random orbital experience. a regular orbital machine can burn and hologram paint. dont ask me how i know cause i wont admit it !! borrow or buy a random orbital machine for this job.

and i should have added that the first step is to watch our "how tos" videos at the top of the board on how to polish- how to remove swirls, etc.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 PM

well i have my employes that know everything and haved worked in other car wash and i teach some stuff but the problem is that i just want the best results
Old 12-29-2009, 06:51 AM

not to be a jerk, but you may be in over your head. If you have a real detailing business, you should not come to an online forum to ask what products you should use and or how to use them.

In addition, you identified 1 polishing compound. That alone is not enough to do ANY Car IMO. You also did not identify what types of pads you will be using.

Save yourself and the car owner a headache. Pass on detailing his car. Practice, gain knowledge, and get additional products so you can service your clients vehicles in a professional manor.

A quick search on the internet will show what a bad detailer can do to a car- Dont be that guy.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:00 AM

dude i have like 500 $ bucks in machines and products and my employes now what to do , the problem is that i want the BEST RESULTS SHINE , GLOSS , wax durability etcc etcc etccbut i dont know the perfect combination of products but some of you have more experience and haved tested other products here in Panama we are very limited we dont recieve Menzerna , mother , we only have 3 m and meguiars and are few products . In the future i will need to buy muy products from internet... today i am going to do the car i will post the pics for the results... thanks everyone for the help
Old 12-30-2009, 11:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Megs m105 and m205 are becoming detailers favorites.
I believe what they are trying to say (I'm a bit of a newbie at the topic) is that usually you test what combination or results clears up swirls the fastest and the best. Every manufacturer uses different kinds of clear coats, some are hard some are soft, so you can never be sure when you head to detail a car what would be the best combination to use.