S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Getting down and dirty with the N1/Js Racing S2000

Old 06-13-2009, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting down and dirty with the N1/Js Racing S2000

Alrighty guys this was just a wash/wax to get this car ready for the show scene. A little history on this car. This car was originally built and raced by famed Japanese tuning Company J's Racing. It's got every J's racing goodie you can think of.. full carbon fibre wide body, 2.3 liter stroker, ITBs, 4.44 gears, 6pot racing brakes, Multimedia guages, the list goes on. This car was a dominate force in Hot Version togue battles, as wells as Tsukuba Circuit Time Attack Events. But when J's Racing went widebody, to follow suit with ASM and Amuse, this car was left to collect dust. N1 Concepts bought, and imported the car from J's Racing in Japan late last year. And now I've got the chance to get my hands dirty with it!

Before I get started, I want to appologize for the lack of pics. I was fighting the flu all week, and still had a good cough/fever going on, but this detail needed to get done, so I was focused on that, more-so than the during pics.

This was just a basic wash/wax because over half the car was covered in vinyl's an I would have spend a day just taping around the edges in order to do any paint correction, and after battling with the flu all week, I only had one day to get this done!

The process for the exterior was to thoroughly clean the wheels with CG Sticky Wheel Gel undiluted, the tires got Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner, and the arches (though mostly carbon fibre/metal got Hi-Intensity Cleaner.

When I first got to the car, I could tell it had been sitting, as it had a fair amount of dust on it, but no real dirt or grime.

Here's the sticky wheel gel soaking in (with the Js Racing/Endless 6pot brakes poking out behind the spokes):

After the wheels where cleaned, I moved to the engine bay. All I can say is that's my dream engine bay (I have an s2000 as well).

During, with Eimann Fabrik Hi-Intensity Cleaner Soaking in

After it was cleaned, metal polished a bit, and then the few plastics dressed with 303 Protectant:

The exterior was then foamed with 1oz of CWC, and 1oz of Optimum Power Clean:

And then washed with the 2 bucket method and CWC. The car was then waxed with Bilt Hamber Auto Balm which REALLY made the Rio Yellow Pearl Pop, and actually made the vinyl graphics have reflections!

Now, I didn't do the interior, as there isn't much of one. But knowing there are some s2000 guys on here, I had to take some pics!!

Recaro racing seat, Takata Harnesses, 12 point cage:

Multimedia Guages:

The doors were CF with lexan windows. I think I read somewhere the whole assembly weighs <3lbs. These doors were so light, I kept feeling like I was going to break them, and when you shut them, just use one finger, and it latches no problem

Anyways, that's all guys, thanks for looking!

C/C Always Welcome!

Aaron
Old 06-13-2009, 06:05 PM

Aaron good work but it looks like your magic detail touch

CHEERS !
Old 06-13-2009, 06:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice clean up - it needed it! looks like its been roughed up a bit. how did you come about getting this gig? truly a rare vehicle to see detailed, and as always - nice work
Old 06-13-2009, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Jun 13 2009, 04:31 PM
Dude I am so envious!!!

That is a serious machine. I mean safety-wired oil cap? Damn that some hard core vibrations...

Check out the rubber build up in this pic!

So how are you liking the Auto Balm?
Old 06-13-2009, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aaron, you win the internet tonight.

Edit: yeah, with all that vinyl on it, no way I'd have put a machine on it either. MAYBE a DA with a black pad? But with Auto Balm having spruced up the Rio and the vinyl like it has...probably even that mild a polish is basically unnecessary.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:42 AM

MOREEEE MOREEEEE MOREEEEE
Old 06-15-2009, 04:29 PM

Thanks guys! Sorry, no more pics .

And it's not tar, that's paint missing from all the rocks/etc that hit the side skirts =/. $$$$
Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Jun 15 2009, 04:29 PM
And it's not tar, that's paint missing from all the rocks/etc that hit the side skirts =/. $$$$
somehow that sets me at ease Better missing paint from battle than tar from disregard...
Old 06-18-2009, 02:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

pretty badass car. your lucky to get to work on a car like that.

thanks for sharing. RHD FTMFW!!