S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Front Nose Bra question

Old 06-28-2004, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they don't cut into the paint to install a clear bra (who told you that?? find a new company or check with your local club) and why would you want to remove it??

can you see my bra??
Old 06-28-2004, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bass
they don't cut into the paint to install a clear bra (who told you that?? find a new company or check with your local club) and why would you want to remove it??

can you see my bra?? http://gallery.s2ki.com/imagecatalog/image...eview/151957/6/
Indeed.

Old 06-28-2004, 11:00 AM

I asked a local installer that was named by the clear bra website as the most qualified installer locally. He stated that he could not use a precut sheet. He would need one large piece. With all the curves of the front end he will need to make some slight cuts to let air out (cuts u will never see) very thin cuts, but the whole idea of any cuts in the front end makes me a little uneasy.

Being that there is no precut shaped one already I would really want a professional person to do it because I do not have very much money to dish out to have it repainted....

I have seen many pics of the clear bra but I have to see it in person, pics can be deceiving or atleast not be noticeable from a distance. I have to be close to the car alot and it would just urk me if there was imperfections...

JP
Old 06-28-2004, 11:54 AM

check out Defender's post in the Metro section - he found a guy that did top notch work in your area

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=214038
Old 06-29-2004, 07:31 AM

I'll defend the idea of the Colgan (even modified).

Used properly (as it sounds like the original poster wants to) it's a much less expensive alternative. I bought mine off of Ebay from an S2kier for about $40 and the only time it ever graces my car is on a highway trip when it's not pouring rain! I don't like the way my car looks with the damn thing on but it's a lot better than having chips or paying hundreds of $$ for a good clear bra install, and just like the poster, it comes off the car as soon as I arrive in the distant town. I say go for it. PROPER use of a front end bra is a differnet discussion......

Can those with the clear bras answer a couple of questions for those of us with out them? Do they tend to yellow over time? Do they not end up looking kind of crappy after a while themselves after being scarred with rocks and such?

Travis
Old 06-29-2004, 07:37 AM

No yellowing here after two years, including two winters.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:43 AM

Mine is gaurenteed for 5 years -
Old 06-30-2004, 06:32 AM

Same here...clear bra
Old 06-30-2004, 07:47 AM

I spoke with the guy that did Eliots (Defender) car. He does cut like I was told earlier but he says he is very skilled that when he cuts into the front end he only goes deep enough to cut the clear bra but not the paint at all....Still cutting near the front makes me very very nervous.

Yea I know I am little btch right now but my car was just painted recently....

I dont know yet what I want to do.
JP
Old 07-08-2004, 10:04 AM

If I were you, I would be a little skeptical of sewing an improper fitting bra and installing it on a repainted surface. The paint isnt as strong as factory paint plus the rubbing and flapping of the bra against the surface because it isn't factory will really mess it up. I say drive at awkward hours of the day, try driving at night when there are few cars on the road and sleep during the day. I too am a perfectionist of my 04 baby, and choose to drive later at night 9pm or later if I have to drive out of the area.

Quick Reply: Front Nose Bra question