S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Fresh new paint

Old 09-20-2007, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresh new paint

Well guys to make my story short my car is getting repainted this week due to the fact that someone keyed my whole car all around ..

Anyways im posting just to know at what should i do in taking care of fresh paint what are the steps you guys would do if you were in my situation...

should i wax right when the painter tells me is okay or should i wait longer? what are the things i should buy so when i wash my car i can keep it swirl free....

I have a lot of stuff already but i would like to know if i should replace my old stuff with new ones (anything that touches my paint)

2 Buckets with grit guard

2 wool wash mitts (8 month old)

Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash,P21S Bodywork shampoo (never been open)

6 The Guzzler Waffle Weave (9 months old)

Detail sprays Poor boys Spay and wipe, Meguiars nxt detailer spray,Sonus Carnauba Spritz

Dont know if i forgot anything its late
Old 09-21-2007, 06:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

protect it as soon as its cured- a good synthetic topped by wax is my fav-
to keep swirls off you should learn to use a duster with detail spray so you can keep the car covered with a soft cover.
and use high quality mfs with no tags
finally use a garage as often as possible -
Old 09-25-2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by S2KAYYY,Sep 21 2007, 12:36 AM
Well guys to make my story short my car is getting repainted this week due to the fact that someone keyed my whole car all around ..

Anyways im posting just to know at what should i do in taking care of fresh paint what are the steps you guys would do if you were in my situation...

should i wax right when the painter tells me is okay or should i wait longer? what are the things i should buy so when i wash my car i can keep it swirl free....

I have a lot of stuff already but i would like to know if i should replace my old stuff with new ones (anything that touches my paint)

2 Buckets with grit guard

2 wool wash mitts (8 month old)

Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash,P21S Bodywork shampoo (never been open)

6 The Guzzler Waffle Weave (9 months old)

Detail sprays Poor boys Spay and wipe, Meguiars nxt detailer spray,Sonus Carnauba Spritz

Dont know if i forgot anything its late
just curious, around how much would a good paint job cost? Did you get it painted under the hood too or just all the outsides? Just curious cause my cars rock chips and everything are driving me crazy. And I have a few spots on like the edge of the hood and such where I found you probably shouldnt wet sand at all.

Anyway how much did it run you roughly?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Former Sponsor

A good paint job should run at least $5k up.

S2KAYYY, the items you have for the wash should be okay. Like Wanabe stated as soon as the paint is set put a good sealant or wax on it.

Ask the body shop how long to wait I've heard that some paints set by the time they are out of the body shop at delivery.