S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Foggy Rear Plastic Window...

Old 04-12-2001, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found my Plexus at Boaters World a local boating accessory place.
Old 04-24-2001, 05:06 PM

I also use Plexus after reading the posts on this board. However, though most of the rear window come out clear after following the directions on the plexus bottle, some spots are still foggy/hazy. I noticed that the result is improved if I wash the window with some detergent first. I am still trying to figure out the best detergent for this application. I think the reason is that washing it removes the dirt so that Plexus can do it's magic. Ever noticed how dirty the cloth gets after wiping the window.
Old 04-26-2001, 02:56 PM

Thanks to the folks that turned me on to Plexus on this board!!! My rear window had NEVER been touched by anything but water and a brand new cloth towel used to dry it. It became almost opaque white over a period of 1 month.

I was ready to take it back to the dealer for an arguement when I read on this board about Plexus...I ordered it...sprayed it on, with a bit of work, the window is clear as glass again

The stuff is amazing!!
Old 04-27-2001, 08:14 AM

Has anyone used the factory Honda
Old 04-29-2001, 07:34 PM

Plexus works great when used. However plastic window gets foggy again not too long after using it. What is up with that???
Old 04-30-2001, 10:08 AM

Which Plexus Product? It seems they have a few different products:

ie - MA300, MA310 ,320, 330 , etc....
Old 05-05-2001, 02:20 AM

Member (Premium)

Received 139 Likes on 87 Posts

Plexus is great for maintaining the window.

I did find that even though I kept it clean, during the hot months I still got some 'fogging' on the inside.

I took dilluted citrus based cleaner to give it a good cleaning, then followed with plexus and it really came out nice.
Old 05-05-2001, 02:40 PM

I've been using Meguier's Clear Plastic Polish and their Clear Plastic Cleaner. When I got this car (used) a few months back, the window was a hopeless, yellowed, scratched mess. These two cleaned it up quite well, and removed virtually all of the scratching. Didn't do much for the fold right in the middle though. I'm going to try to convince my local dealer to do a "one time courtesy replacement" on it, since this car is clearly one built and sold before the service bulletin came out last spring. And I'm waiting on a group buy right now to get my Muz mat for the well. The big problem with the Meguier's is that it's a lot of work -- I've got some plexus on order, I'll see if it's any easier to use and does as well. But if your window is in bad shape, I doubt you'll find anything that works as well as the Meguier's did. (Well, OK, the 3M product IF you can find it anywhere.)
Old 05-05-2001, 08:12 PM

Dont forget to stock up on Plexus when you buy fish food at the PetsMart for 4.99 a can. I learned in on this site.
Old 05-11-2001, 06:19 AM

I'm currently using the Novus plastic cleaner (white pump spray bottle with blue writing). It is an excellent product and far easier to use than the Meguiars products.

Great alternative to Plexus if you cannot get it.

Quick Reply: Foggy Rear Plastic Window...