S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

foamaster review

Old 10-13-2007, 02:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default foamaster review

foamaster foam gun (in the pic below upper right corner of the pic) from our sponsor detailers domain, with p21s (1 cap full in about 1/3 of the jar of water), set at highest foam setting...

the before- this car has not been detailed for about 4 months- just has seen a carnauba based detail spray for the exterior care and a car cover:

rinse the car, cause i gotta see how the z2 topped by p21s is holding up:

conclusion- its doing just fine thank you to the car cover!!

alright, enough beating around the bush- lets see that foam!

car got some spot polishing with 1z and a finish first paint cleaner (very light polishing needed, so went with blue edge pad), and then some z1 and z2 (yup, the old fashioned way, except that it was applied by white edge pad)- here is the z2 curing:

cured only a coupla hours, as it was setting up nicely... dont worry, it will get lots more- and then the p21s over.

buff and shoot:

all in all, i enjoyed the foamer- and my fav part was the wheels... really made doing those ssr gt-3s so much easier by getting the soap everywhere. foamer combined with the blower = great combo!! was able to easily clean them on the car with a brush that i could reach inside with and then blow out most of the water with the blower. the amount of soap that i used was perfect for all 4 wheels and soaped the car twice. on a dirty car, i would prob use 2 caps of p21s and woulda almost filled the container with water.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

looking good as always! the foam gun looks like a very cool toy. i just might pick one up after seeing this.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by tekstar,Oct 13 2007, 04:30 PM
looking good as always! the foam gun looks like a very cool toy. i just might pick one up after seeing this.
dont forget our 15% discount!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see swirls...
Old 10-13-2007, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice results! Did you use a pressure washer with this thing or was it just hooked up to a regular garden hose?
Old 10-13-2007, 07:31 PM

stoic- those are hairs that blew off of my head onto the car while i was taking the pics!!
diabolus- just the hose version... the foam in the pic above is the most i got. have to play with diff shampoo/ water combos to see if i can get more.

have been thinking that this might be a great way to clay!
with last stage products in good shape on my car, the shampoo just sheeted off of the car... would be interesting to see how much longer it takes for the soap to dry on the car with the foam gun vs. without...
Old 10-13-2007, 11:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wanabe,Oct 13 2007, 08:31 PM
stoic- those are hairs that blew off of my head onto the car while i was taking the pics!!
diabolus- just the hose version... the foam in the pic above is the most i got. have to play with diff shampoo/ water combos to see if i can get more.

have been thinking that this might be a great way to clay!
with last stage products in good shape on my car, the shampoo just sheeted off of the car... would be interesting to see how much longer it takes for the soap to dry on the car with the foam gun vs. without...
Interesting... do you think the foam gun noticeably improved your washing process? I'm on the fence about it right now, but if it can help me get my car cleaner, faster, and with a lesser chance of marring, then I'm all over it
Old 10-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Former Sponsor

nice write up nice results!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Former Moderator

Nice review. I use a lot more soap in my gun than a capful. That's why I buy shampoo by the gallon I get loads of foam.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by diabolus2k,Oct 13 2007, 11:12 PM
Interesting... do you think the foam gun noticeably improved your washing process? I'm on the fence about it right now, but if it can help me get my car cleaner, faster, and with a lesser chance of marring, then I'm all over it
the main purpose is to minimize contact with grime on the mitt- float the grime with the foam and remove with the mitt...
so kinda hard to say on a car that was already pretty clean.
but i know it was fun, and attracted plenty of neighbor attention!

for the wheels, it was worth it- to be able to get the soap into the interior so easily- lotsa grime was blown out with the soap spray, and the clean up was easier. that makes me think that on a dirty car i would see more benefit.

conclusion- i like it and will keep using it

Quick Reply: foamaster review