S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

The Finishing Touch

Old 08-17-2002, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Finishing Touch

I think that I have found what I have been looking for....something that gives you the look of a fresh detailing job. I just didn't seem to get what I was looking for even with an instant detailer spray (used with a microfiber towel by hand) following a wash, so I tried using the detailing spray with my Porter Cable polisher. I used the wool pad and a long nap microfiber bonnet. The finish was just what I was looking for, much better than detailing by hand.

I thought that I would pass that along and ask if anyone else has tried this?

Bob
Old 08-17-2002, 07:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the input. Haven't tried it yet. Apparently if you're looking for a serious shine you need to try Zaino. I have received my package but won't have a chance to apply for about 1-2 weeks. It's suppose to be "the stuff."
Old 08-18-2002, 10:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nvrquit4
[B]Thanks for the input.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by boiler

...I'm using a comparable product made by Finish First, which is also a polymer based "wax", but it too doesn't have the deep shimmering look that I was after, either...

I found that the polymer by itself was a soft finish. I could scratch it with my fingers. With the wax on top, it doesn't scratch with my nails. I'm using S100/P21S on top.

Sounds like Finish First is still part of your detailing procedure? Also sounds like P21S has replaced Meguiars Gold Class Wax? I know the P21S is a carnauba product. Is the Meguiar's a polymer?

Originally posted by boiler

I've strayed off topic, my first post was to inform everyone that by using the polisher with an instant detailer after washing, the car looked much better than by doing this by hand. I also use much less instant detailer spray.
Good that you've found another use for the polisher I just invested in.

Boiler, I can't tell you how much your posts have helped me develop a plan for detailing my car. If you have a digital camera, please consider posting a few pics of your ride. It would be great to see the results of your efforts.

Thank you sincerely.
Old 08-19-2002, 03:15 PM

Boiler,

have you tried to top Zaino with any type of carnuba waxes?

I'm a zaino user but i would like to add the deep shine as you've mentioned

Thxs
Bass
Old 08-19-2002, 06:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bass
[B]Boiler,

have you tried to top Zaino with any type of carnuba waxes?
Old 08-19-2002, 06:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dierk
[B]

Sounds like Finish First is still part of your detailing procedure?
Old 08-23-2002, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand the "clinical" shine description. The secret to Zaino is to use multiple coats. I have 8 coats on mine and the shine is unbelievable. Plus, the protection is superior to carnuba waxes.
Old 08-23-2002, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by MyBad
I don't understand the "clinical" shine description. The secret to Zaino is to use multiple coats. I have 8 coats on mine and the shine is unbelievable. Plus, the protection is superior to carnuba waxes.
Unless you have a dark colored car, then you won't gain much by topping the Zaino off with carnauba wax. But, if you do have a dark colored car, then you can really see the difference. It's hard to put into words and picures don't really do it justice either. The finish is much better looking with more depth and a rich shine that it didn't have before.

You are not losing anything by putting wax on top of Zaino, but you are gaining another layer of protection. I'm not using Zaino, I'm using Finish First (very similar to Zaino) and it left a soft finish that I could scratch with my fingers. After I put S100 carnauba wax on top of it, I couldn't scratch it with my fingernails! A big improvement, in my book.

If you don't have a dark colored car, then ignore this. If you want a better looking car, and it's dark colored, then you might want to consider this suggestion. It's a little more work because wax doesn't last nearly as long as Zaino, but my car will look better. It's the difference between a good looking, shiny car and one that will knock your socks off.

Bob
Old 08-23-2002, 06:55 PM

boiler are you going to fall colors? would love to see you're car

Quick Reply: The Finishing Touch