S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Finally--->CLEAN WINDOWS WITH NO STREAKS!

Old 06-29-2003, 07:32 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Finally--->CLEAN WINDOWS WITH NO STREAKS!

As we all know, the S2000 windshield is a magnet for bugs (and rocks) so I clean my windows almost every day. Well, after about 25 years of trying to find a way to clean my car windows without leaving streaks all over the place, I finally stumbled upon a solution. I've tried every brand of window cleaner I could find, only to be frustrated by the same streaky windows.

I normally use paper towels, thinking that they would give me the best chance of reducing streaks and lint from most towels. The new "rage" of microfiber towels didn't work well on windows, they seem to cling to the glass too much.

While at Target a while ago I spotted some lint-free window towels and decided to give them a try (I have a tendency to by any new car care product I see). They are MAGICAL! I can't believe that it took me this long to find a solution, but I'm happy that I finally found it. Used in combination with a good window cleaner these towels produce almost no streaks. My current favorite window cleaner is an automotive glass cleaner by Armor All, Rain-X also makes a good window cleaner, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Give these towels a try, I think you'll like 'em.

Old 06-29-2003, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent. Y'know, Target has sort of "beefed up" their automotive section lately. I buy my Meg's products there, and I always seem to find some good things there. I haven't seen these towels yet. They look like they can be washed and used over again; not your normal paper towels. I've seen the lint-free paper towels, but they're too expensive.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:11 PM
Kel

Ooo.. I'm gonna ahve to try those out next time i swing by target.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:18 AM

Also, try Zaino glass polish. It works like wax, fairly easy to use, and makes the windows much easier to clean. If I could get my wife to stop using on the house windows I'd be all set!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 04:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2ka
[B]As we all know, the S2000 windshield is a magnet for bugs (and rocks) so I clean my windows almost every day. Well, after about 25 years of trying to find a way to clean my car windows without leaving streaks all over the place, I finally stumbled upon a solution. I've tried every brand of window cleaner I could find, only to be frustrated by the same streaky windows.

I normally use paper towels, thinking that they would give me the best chance of reducing streaks and lint from most towels. The new "rage" of microfiber towels didn't work well on windows, they seem to cling to the glass too much.
Old 06-30-2003, 04:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ever try just plain old newspaper??? I have never had any streaks when i use newspaper..
Old 06-30-2003, 05:17 AM

lint-free microfiber works great. Wonder if the Baja Sol is available elsewhere - Target has not deigned southern Connecticut worthy of a location....
Old 06-30-2003, 05:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bass
[B]ever try just plain old newspaper???
Old 06-30-2003, 08:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vrm Vrm
[B]lint-free microfiber works great.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bass
[B]ever try just plain old newspaper???

Quick Reply: Finally--->CLEAN WINDOWS WITH NO STREAKS!