S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

fellow wackos, lend me your ear!

Old 09-10-2008, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no reply defeats the purpose of forum help. Im for sub + reply
Old 09-10-2008, 12:10 PM

We definitely need replies to keep it going...

-Matt
Old 09-10-2008, 12:30 PM
bcs

I can understand why they are saying a no-reply area.

Wanabe's suggestion is that when a thread like that is posted, it stays open for a week. Maybe 2 if there is a lot of traffic. After that, it gets moved into the no reply area.

Honestly after two weeks or so, those threads aren't posted in anymore. They get lost off the front page and aren't seen again. At least this way it would get them still up front. We'd know where they are. And if there is something that you really need to know about it, you can always PM the author.

Again, this way is really just gonna be more work for Wanabe. He's the one who is going to have to decide when to move it and actually do it.

For me personally, after I've looked at it once if I have a question I am going to ask it. Once it leaves the first couple of pages I am not looking at it anymore. At least with this other sub-forum it will be visible again. Even if we can't reply.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

plus it will make it easier to find deatailed cars, and not look thru pages of products, questions, etc.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Former Sponsor

got to have the replies on anything you do.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bcs,Sep 10 2008, 12:30 PM
I can understand why they are saying a no-reply area.

Wanabe's suggestion is that when a thread like that is posted, it stays open for a week. Maybe 2 if there is a lot of traffic. After that, it gets moved into the no reply area.

Honestly after two weeks or so, those threads aren't posted in anymore. They get lost off the front page and aren't seen again. At least this way it would get them still up front. We'd know where they are. And if there is something that you really need to know about it, you can always PM the author.

Again, this way is really just gonna be more work for Wanabe. He's the one who is going to have to decide when to move it and actually do it.

For me personally, after I've looked at it once if I have a question I am going to ask it. Once it leaves the first couple of pages I am not looking at it anymore. At least with this other sub-forum it will be visible again. Even if we can't reply.
When explained that way, I think that is a good idea. 1-2 weeks is ample time for people to post replies and ask questions before shifting it to a view-only section.

I approve.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 AM

Is it really THAT much more work to have replies in the sub-forum?

Think about it, you guys are saying after 1-2 weeks no one replies anymore...therefore it is going to be bumped down by new threads by itself anyhow therefore not needing to be moderated.

I'm just saying I think our W&W forum is pretty disciplined already and stays pretty on topic. I think the forum will end up moderating itself even with replies...

I agree with espelir. Was the decision already made for us?
Old 09-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by The Twanksta,Sep 11 2008, 08:53 AM

I'm just saying I think our W&W forum is pretty disciplined already and stays pretty on topic. I think the forum will end up moderating itself even with replies...
wanabe and I both tried to make the point that wash and wax is one one of the easiest sections to moderate. For some reason most admins feel that it would turn into just two wash and wax forums. I disagree but I don't own the place, I just work for free.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:11 AM

See, and that's what I don't get. Ubetit, I know you're on autopia. And at autopia they have the general discussion, and then the "click&brag" section. How does that mean it turns into two separate discussion forums? If someone posts a question int he C&B section, then you just move it to the general discussion section. I think the admins just don't want to change it too much, rather then helping our community (w&w section) out. =/ I'll be very disappointed when this goes through, because like I said yesterday, they want our opinions but end up just shooting them down in favor of what THEY think is best
Old 09-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Former Moderator

^I don't understand the pushback either. I just wanted a nice little area to put all the "complete detail" threads into.

Hell, Ohio has a subforum.

Quick Reply: fellow wackos, lend me your ear!