S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

fellow wackos, lend me your ear!

Old 09-09-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Sep 9 2008, 09:47 AM
Mike, so when will we know the verdict? I'm excited to see the progression of the W&W forum

Aaron
the moderators are currently discussing this idea...
its an active discussion and i think that there could be a decision in the next week.

will keep you posted
Old 09-09-2008, 12:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to see a for-sale/trade section. I do think that people trying to sell should be paying members though, and this should be limited to detailing items only.

I know we could post items for sale in the actual for sale section, but with all the other crap in there, detailing stuff would get lost.

Trading would also allow people to try out other products without spending as much money. I know there are things I would love to try before I just buy them, and not be out like 50-100 bucks for a polish if I don't like it.

Just my $.02
Old 09-09-2008, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slanguage,Sep 9 2008, 12:18 PM
I would like to see a for-sale/trade section. I do think that people trying to sell should be paying members though, and this should be limited to detailing items only.

I know we could post items for sale in the actual for sale section, but with all the other crap in there, detailing stuff would get lost.

Trading would also allow people to try out other products without spending as much money. I know there are things I would love to try before I just buy them, and not be out like 50-100 bucks for a polish if I don't like it.

Just my $.02
this is also a great idea! There has to be a high level of trust in there, and i'm not sure i trust some people's judgement on things. I'm not saying the people of s2ki are bad people, but some products have a learning curve and I'd rather not waste some of my more expensive products...
Old 09-10-2008, 07:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

progress update:

one of our own wackos (another moderator), in an attempt to move this forward from the stalemate that it was heading towards, made a suggestion that the posts continue to be made as they are now and then after about a week or so they would be moved to a "sub-board" of w&w where they could not be replied to.

we are waiting for discussion of that idea, but hopefully we will have a decision to report soon...

Old 09-10-2008, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that replies are necessary, as it is a great learning tool for everybody...even the ones making the posts.

Stickies, in my opinion, get lost.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 AM

i agree with mostly everyone else. have a sub-forum where people can reply.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
bcs

Originally Posted by wanabe,Sep 10 2008, 07:50 AM
progress update:

one of our own wackos (another moderator), in an attempt to move this forward from the stalemate that it was heading towards, made a suggestion that the posts continue to be made as they are now and then after about a week or so they would be moved to a "sub-board" of w&w where they could not be replied to.

we are waiting for discussion of that idea, but hopefully we will have a decision to report soon...

I guess as an alternative, this would work too. As long as the threads are available to discuss for a little bit. Then we can move them over. After about a week or two, the replies stop anyway and then they get lost in with the rest of the threads. At least this way we could go back and view them again.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Sep 10 2008, 08:50 AM
progress update:

Mike, not to sound blunt or disrespectful. But if we are trying to make the board a more organized, and better place, why would you go against what everyone has been saying and continue with a sub-board that doesn't have the ability to reply. To me that's not really letting us take a mutual decision, seems like the decision has already been made, and as being a very frequent member of this section, that's irritating to know that a unanimous amount of people have decided AGAINST the no replies section, and yet that's where it's heading.
In any case, if there was a section with no replies, you'd see threads being started up with people asking questions about a detail someone else has done, and then we'd just be back at square one. To me, I feel like it's a waste of time to have a sub-board with no replying abilities.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Sep 10 2008, 02:36 PM
Mike, not to sound blunt or disrespectful. But if we are trying to make the board a more organized, and better place, why would you go against what everyone has been saying and continue with a sub-board that doesn't have the ability to reply.
Not to answer for him but it simply doesn't look like the other way is going to make it.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Sep 10 2008, 11:47 AM
Not to answer for him but it simply doesn't look like the other way is going to make it.
So then it would almost be pointless.. Because people will want to ask questions about those car details, and evidently have to start a new thread, in the general forums, for it, correct? I'm really not trying to come off in an asshole-ish way, but it's just the nature of how it would most likely be.

Quick Reply: fellow wackos, lend me your ear!