S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Einzett opinions for interior/top care?

Old 07-22-2003, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Einzett opinions for interior/top care?

I'm thinking about ordering this kit from Autopia, having heard some good things about the "Tiefenpfleger" (both for the S2K interior and the top) and the "Gummipflege". Has anyone had any experience with their products? Searching the forums hasn't turned up much, and I'm wondering if all you folks with the showfloor-perfect cars think they're worthwhile - should I go for the Einzett bundle, or just get a couple of the individual items and use something like Lexol or Rick's leather kit for leather, 303 for the top, etc....?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

--Glen
Old 07-22-2003, 02:40 PM

First, I carry einszett products too.

You won't need TF, Cockpit Premium and Plastic Reiniger. The CP offers a bit of UV protection, so you will need to apply it more often. It is almost imperceptable once applied. The TF is a bit more glossy with much more UV protection. Both have cleaning properties. The PR is more of a hard core cleaner best used on scuff marks and exterior plastic, such as the panels on the Honda Element or even tough stains on your vinyl top.

My shipment with Gummipflege and Lederfledge is on its way and I haven't had a chance to test them yet. The Gummipflege comes in a stick form. The Audi guys have been using it for a while and are very happy with it.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have used their product, but dont remember being impressed one way or the other...
before you order the package deal, look at the contents carefully to make sure that you really would use everything- if so, order it. if not, try it ala carte (just order what you would use)!
have not tried any of rick's leather products, but would bet that they are good stuff- i do know that i like the lexol products (cleaner and preservative are separate for leather, and vinylex for plastic), and also like the 303 products (expecially for dash, other plastic and tires).
my pref is to order ala carte, so i can pick which items i am using...
but that is my personal pref
Old 07-23-2003, 08:07 AM

Well, being a curious sort I decided to go with the package and see how the various products therein do. Once I get the stuff and try it out I'll post reviews/opinions. I might also pick up some 303 and do a little comparison.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:29 AM

Update : so yesterday I did my first serious interior cleaning (after an amazingly fun Saturday getting the car filthy at a driving skills course / autocross), and here are some comments on the Einzett stuff:
  • The Tiefenpfleger (which I used a couple of weeks ago on the top) seems to do a great job at keeping the lustre and color of the top. Thumbs up.
  • The Gummipfledge (rubber seal protector) goes on nice and easy and doesn't leave a greasy residue. Remains to be seen how well it protects, but thumbs up so far.
  • The Cockpit Premium and Plaztic-Reineger, which are the products that should be most used inside the cockpit, both smell, well, yukky. This is very unfortunate, since I'm much less happy about using them. To be fair, they both seem to do a fine job of getting the vinyl/leather/plastic in the interior clean and don't leave a shiny residue. But the odor doesn't inspire happiness, and as such I'll be looking for other interior cleaning options. (part of the problem here is that I'm now spoiled by the odors of Zaino and Meguiar's detailing stuff, both of which smell just marvellous!)
  • The leather protector seems fine, left my seats feeling supple and again no residue. Nondescript odor, certainly not bad but not good either.
  • The spray bottles tend to be a little uneven and drippy, so thumbs down on them.
  • The applicators and microfiber towels from Autopia are both great. Thumbs up.

All in all a good experience, and I'd definitely keep using the Tiefenpfleger and the Gummipfledge. I'm hoping to find some functional and better-smelling alternatives to the other stuff.

--Glen