S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Eagle One Wet

Old 01-02-2001, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked a good friend of mine (who happens to be the biggest car fanatic I know) what wax he recommended, and he told me that by far the best wax for the money is Eagle One Wet. He says he likes it because produces a good shine while still being
1) cheap and
2) easy to put on/take off.

Anyone else have any experience with this product?

I have to admit that before buying my stook, I have never waxed a car before. (Hell.. I used to subject my honda civic to those free car washes you get with a fill up at some gas stations) I never really thought too much about it before. Now I have noticed that a strange sort of obsession has taken over me. I sometimes spend 5-6 hours hand cleaning my s2000. If a bird craps on it while I am driving, I pull over and clean it off immediately. Am i going crazy?

joe
Old 01-02-2001, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by netmonkey:
I asked a good friend of mine (who happens to be the biggest car fanatic I know) what wax he recommended, and he told me that by far the best wax for the money is Eagle One Wet. He says he likes it because produces a good shine while still being
1) cheap and

No. I use Zaino as it's no more expensive and I doubt there is anything better or easier to use.

[QUOTE][B]
I have to admit that before buying my stook, I have never waxed a car before. (Hell.. I used to subject my honda civic to those free car washes you get with a fill up at some gas stations) I never really thought too much about it before. Now I have noticed that a strange sort of obsession has taken over me. I sometimes spend 5-6 hours hand cleaning my s2000. If a bird craps on it while I am driving, I pull over and clean it off immediately.
Old 01-02-2001, 08:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by netmonkey:
[B]I asked a good friend of mine (who happens to be the biggest car fanatic I know) what wax he recommended, and he told me that by far the best wax for the money is Eagle One Wet. He says he likes it because produces a good shine while still being
1) cheap and

I have to admit that before buying my stook, I have never waxed a car before. (Hell.. I used to subject my honda civic to those free car washes you get with a fill up at some gas stations) I never really thought too much about it before. Now I have noticed that a strange sort of obsession has taken over me. I sometimes spend 5-6 hours hand cleaning my s2000. If a bird craps on it while I am driving, I pull over and clean it off immediately.
Old 01-02-2001, 02:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

.. he recommended, and he told me that by far the best wax for the money is Eagle One Wet..
That was one of the products I threw in the trash after I tried Zaino.

Old 01-02-2001, 04:15 PM

I'm going to have to try some of this Zaino stuff. Sounds like it will feed my obsession nicely.

Which of their products do you use on a normal basis? Z1 AND Z2? Does that gloss enhancer spray really make a difference?

joe
Old 01-02-2001, 05:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Which of their products do you use on a normal basis? Z1 AND Z2? Does that gloss enhancer spray really make a difference?
Z1 the first time or when the car picks up a lot of road grime / tar.. after a track / road trip. Z2 every couple of months. Z6 is really great and I often use it after a wash to enhance the shine.. and the tire stuff is pretty good too.

Old 01-02-2001, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going to have to try some of this Zaino stuff. Sounds like it will feed my obsession nicely.

The stuff rocks. Chris suggested it and I too tossed everything else out. Their web site has detailed instructions. I really appreciate this because I'm never sure that I'm using the over the counter stuff correctly. I used the Z1 only once, then Z2 every month and Z6 after every wash. You need the Z1 again if you strip off the polish and start again. It's easy to do with dish soap and water. I'll probably do this and claybar every six months or so.

You will not be disappointed.

BTW, I think you found 920 even bigger car fanatics

[This message has been edited by cthree (edited January 02, 2001).]
Old 01-03-2001, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zaino is supreme, no kidding.

I told my dealership two weeks ago not to even dress out my yellow S2000 when it came in; I bought Zaino instead and did it myself.....best move I could have ever made. Both the Z-1 and the Z-2 is so light that I didn't even have to worry about caking the Honda emblems. It goes on and comes off ridiculously easy. But, the effects are just as good as anything I've ever tried, and I've been waxing cars for over 20 years. You won't be sorry.