S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

DuPont Teflon Wheel Cleaner

Old 05-12-2006, 07:08 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default DuPont Teflon Wheel Cleaner

Well after reading a thread that showed pictures of this new wheel cleaner I HAD to go try it. Apparently, this stuff is so good washing with a mitt isn't even needed; just spray on wipe off.

As some of you know, I just got some new volk rims so I wanted to make sure this stuff was a non-acid. Assuming the label on the bottle is correct, this is a neutral solvent that will not damage clear coats, plastic, paint, whatever. After reading that, I decided to pick up a bottle; 5.99 at autozone which is a little more pricey then the competition but my baby is worth it.

I got home and lightly sprayed down the wheels with water. I then sprayed them down with the spray (the problem with the spray is that it is very narrow so you use a lot per wheel). I waited the recommended 30 seconds and then sprayed off. WOW! all the brake dust, pollen, dust, and tar were gone and I didn't even wash it with a mitt!

I was so impressed, in fact, I took up its offer on the back of the bottle. It said it was safe on all surfaces so I wanted to test it out. I had bug guts all over the front of my car. Spray on, wait, spray off -- look mom, no bugs!

I started to go crazy with this stuff, using it all over my car and everywhere it worked! My liscense plate was never so clean in its whole life.

I think the ultimate test came on my rear bumper. Finally after a couple of months the testpipe caught up with me and I had a yellow rear bumper (nasty). I wanted to make a good test. I claybared one side and I sprayed the other side down with the cleaner. The clay bar took about 5min, a lot of elbow grease, and I still missed some spots (but it did come off). The cleaner side was just spray on, wait 30 seconds, rinse off. Could you believe it, it was completly clean looking brand new. NO cat oil stuff left!

Honestly this product is HANDS DOWN the BEST cleaner I have ever used! It cleans EVERYTHING and is safe on everything! DuPont's logo is "The miracle of science" -- this stuff really does support that!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this stuff is as strong a cleaner as you state then it's likely stripping the wax off anything you spray it on. So, make sure you re-apply your LSP where ever you spray it.

Personally, I'm a little skeptical about spraying anything that might be a strong cleaner all over my car. It just never seems like a good idea. The short term result may be a clean car, but the long term result may be no paint.

As I always say "you can drink Drain-o to cure a stomach ache, but it will leave you feeling all hollow inside."
Old 05-12-2006, 09:41 AM

I hate that Dupont uses Teflon in all their named products... Makes me crazy!! That is a total lie. Teflon require roughly 500 degrees for it to adhere to something. AARRRGGGGgggggggggggggg!

'Gets down off the soap box and quietly walks away shaking my head'...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,May 12 2006, 12:41 PM
I hate that Dupont uses Teflon in all their named products... Makes me crazy!! That is a total lie. Teflon require roughly 500 degrees for it to adhere to something. AARRRGGGGgggggggggggggg!

'Gets down off the soap box and quietly walks away shaking my head'...
Since the original poster in this thread made no mention of the wonders of Teflon, I wasn't going to say anything. However, Teflon car care products are 100% without a doubt a pure marketing gimmick.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:13 AM

That is a marketing gimmick like no other... you hit the nail right on the head
Old 05-12-2006, 12:06 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Teflon is no longer going to be made, either, since they can't figure out a way to replace with the toxic carcinogen used in its production.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:16 PM

Oh really I heard that that might happen. Where did you read that?
Old 05-12-2006, 12:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/118/112811.htm

I think I heard it on the news, but that's the first source I found in Google.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I never caimed it really used teflon -- its just the name of the product. I have no idea what it actually uses but it works great
Old 05-25-2006, 03:22 PM

I just got off work and I saw the product and remembered this remarkable review so, I saw if on the shelf, *eh, only 5.99* I decided to pick some some up.

*I also picked up some Eagle One car wash, it was on sale for 4.99 and a 4sq.ft. microfiber drying towel*

I will let you guys know how the stuff performs in a bit.

Quick Reply: DuPont Teflon Wheel Cleaner