S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Drying off the S2000??

Old 06-24-2002, 07:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Trait43
[B]
Old 06-24-2002, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Trait43
[B]
Old 06-24-2002, 11:55 AM

Pull out the old gas powered leaf blowers and then there is no way you can get electrocutred
Old 06-25-2002, 06:20 AM

Actually regarding the Calgary "hard" water driver. I live in Abilene Texas and let me tell you it actually rains dirt here. I have seen it. As the water drops fall you can actually see little puffs of dirt appear after the water hits the ground. To prove it, I was in Dallas last night and I had just detailed my car and it started pouring. When it stopped I looked at my car and not a drop of dirt was present on it, even after it dried off. However on return to Abilene it started raining again and well it rained for like 1.2 seconds and my car looked like I drove it down a dirt road with glue spread all over it. I think maybe I should get "leaf blower" guy to follow me around so he can constantly keep the dirt off for me. Just kidding, Don't worry I would pay top dollar. Regarding electrocuting yourself; You know though there will always been that "one." Like my neighbor who is always constantly waxing his car in direct sunlight.
Old 06-25-2002, 06:48 AM

Tried the leaf blower. Found it tedious chasing water around with a monster nozzle. Did use a chamois for about a year, worked fine but worried about dragging grit as it hugged the car so well. And now just two all cotton white bath towels w/o seams. One to soak up almost all the water, and the second to get any residual wetness. The towel method gives it a light buffing and it looks fantastic. Just as quick as the chamois, and twice as quick as the blower. But what conviced me to continue with the towels is you can see filth on the towel. No matter how well it is washed, there will appear residue on the towel when you dry it. Unless you scrub your car when you wash, but it isn't a frying pan, so I wash lightly, let the soap stay on for a bit, rinse, re-soap, wash and rinse. And still the towels find filth on the drying. I won't use anything else again.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:34 AM

Here is something that I have been using for years and it produces results like I have never seen. Most of you have seen them and I am assuming you have even used them. Magic Clay bars. After washing try this as an experiment. Wash, dry and wax one small portion your car and then wash dry and use the magic clay bar on another small portion. !!Don't wax yet.!!! You need to use a quick spray detailer like Maquires or Mac's formula 23 (usually only available in the southwest.) they are a carnauba based spray quick detailer. (You have to use in conjunction with the clay bar to limit friction and sticking.) After you use it take a rubber glove and run your hand across the side you didn't use the clay bar on and then across the side you did. The results will shock you. You will be amazed at what unseen and unfelt things the un-gloved human touch missed. Then when you are finished use the bar on the whole car and use your preferred wax. No only will you get the best shine you have ever seen but you will be amazed at how long you wax will last. By removing the unseen filth you will be able to apply a more effective coat of wax. Like I said most of you probably already know and use this technique, but if you haven't trust me you will become a believer.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:32 AM

ahh clay bars, yes they are a MUST if you plan to use zaino, but yours must be special because they are MAGIC!!
Old 06-25-2002, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the absorber too.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:32 PM

Big Blue!!!
Old 07-03-2002, 07:26 AM

I use microfiber cloths.

Quick Reply: Drying off the S2000??