S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.
View Poll Results: Where do you wash your car?
At home
83.33%
At a local self service car wash
14.49%
Full service car wash
0.72%
Automated car wash (not recommended)
1.45%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Do you wash your car at home or at a car wash

Old 06-07-2013, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At home 95% of the time, but I will use a self service wash every once in a while.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuka_Joe
at home. i wash it weekly and spray wax it often as well. i clay it and wax it every 6 months as well
Joe what do you use for spray wax? I want to try a spray wax product, just not sure which one.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:35 AM

wash it at home once a week, whenever it gets dirty during the week i take it to the spray wash and just spray it off. waxed about once a month and spray wax after each wash
Old 06-08-2013, 06:12 PM

Received 1,720 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Wash at home, divide car up in sections for wash and rinse. When done I use microfiber towel to remove water and then immediately go back over with a new (dry) micro towell to make sure no water marks remain. Ragtopp for ragtop. Never touch armour all.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:36 PM

wash weekly, dust daily using Zaino z6 QD, Z2 once every couple weeks. Keep her clean all the time..
Old 06-08-2013, 10:38 PM

Always at home unless taking it in for a paint correction detail. NO sponge, No Bucket..never. Softened water running through my Honda powered pressure washing using a foam cannon with soap made for the cannon. Then softened water rinse, followed by surface air dryer/blower and then waffle weave microfiber to finish the job. About one hour's work but the results are stuffing and this method helps to reduce adding surface swirl scratches. Since my car is a weekend driver and is washed frequently, I never have a large build up of grime that requires a mitt, etc.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:21 PM

1. I realized after reading this that I was in trouble if I responded, but, just to pull the chain of the "wash every week crowd," here goes.
2. I was told not to put the car through the car wash, so I didn't, for the sake of the softtop, wasn't concerned about "swirls."
3. Bought all the stuff and washed it at home once, and said, "Never again."
4. I use the self-serve; cost $5, now $6 for :15.
5. I use the pressure washer to soap it all down and let it soak; then I use it on the foam brush to make sure it is clean, then I use the foam brush on it, saving the wheels for last, then I switch back to the pressure washer and go over the car again.
7. Then I rinse, then I do the spotless rinse; all in :15.
8. The car has Ziebart's Daimond Gloss finish on it, being clayed and with high-speed buffing (which did take out a scuff mark I put on the back bumper getting something out of the trunk, that regular speed didn't do the year before). I used to get this done before and after winter, but the last 2 yrs. I have only done it in the summer. Cost me $120 to get the rust application and Diamond Gloss redone every year. My Corolla with the regular Ziebart application of rust and buffing, is $60.
9. Since the car, 3 yrs. ago, had only $9k miles on it (04), I put a clear bra on it for $400, which I think will pay for itself when I sell it, or it will look good if my wife uses it for a coffin.
10. I do put a 303 coat on the top and on the inside, and use the Honda seal grease on the seals after I wash it.
11. I won't tell you how often I wash it, but I didn't wash it all through the winter (car used as a daily driver), and I have washed it once after winter. I intended to wash it this weekend, but never got around to it, but I will be washing it next week for sure.
12. I'm so bad, since is a work car for me, I don't get to involved in keeping it presentable to drive to work.
13. If I get to use it to travel, which is almost never, I wash it first thing when I get to a new city, b/c I do want to show it off to old friends, or, like if I'm going to the Tomcatt Run, and I don't want them to see it too dirty, and ban me for neglect.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:44 PM

Washed and dried at least 3 times per week at home, as it's my DD in warm weather and I'm OCD to the highest degree. Wax every 6 months, clayed once yearly.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:12 PM

Wash at home 2-3 times a month, wax every other wash, clay bar twice a year, 3 step polishing/sealant using buffer 2-3 times a year. That seems to keep her nice and clean.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:35 PM

i work for sales at a car dealership, and on particularly slow days, they let me use the wash bay and washing materials. i dont even have to pay for the soap/wax i use! :3

Quick Reply: Do you wash your car at home or at a car wash