S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Detailing World

Old 03-12-2007, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing World

OK. So, as anyone knows who reads my posts I am an avid reader of the detailing forums. The only detailing forum on the internet I refuse to read is Detailer's Club. I'm always looking to improve my work and doing that involves a healthy dose of learning from others.

I recently joined the forum Detailing World. It's a British detailing forum and despite the fact that they use some products I don't have access to on some cars I've never even heard of I must say despite this the forum is a wealth of information.

The detailing write ups the members of DW put up are absolutely some of the best on the internet. First, the results of their work are stunning and second the level of detail in their descriptions of their work is really great. One of my favorite things though is that these guys LOVE carnauba. I rarely hear about sealants which is OK by me. But really what's most important is the really friendly atmosphere. There is nowhere near the level of bickering you see on some other forums.

Anyway, here's a recent thread I spotted on there with what the thread starter seems to consider a half a$$ detail job on a Berlina S2K . . .

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=24811
Old 03-12-2007, 07:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mikeyc- i think that they love carnuabas for two reasons:
1. tradition- i understand this, and if i wasnt as much of a wacko as i am i woulda stuck with waxes and avoided synthetics... but i remember when i decided to experiment (and thats what it was back then- lotsa folks said it was gonna mess up our paint) with synthetics.
2. i dont think that they can easily get several of the synthetics that we get here in the states

i bet you get great tips and ideas from that site -
Old 03-12-2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Mar 12 2007, 10:40 AM
mikeyc- i think that they love carnuabas for two reasons:
1. tradition- i understand this, and if i wasnt as much of a wacko as i am i woulda stuck with waxes and avoided synthetics... but i remember when i decided to experiment (and thats what it was back then- lotsa folks said it was gonna mess up our paint) with synthetics.
2. i dont think that they can easily get several of the synthetics that we get here in the states

i bet you get great tips and ideas from that site -
I'm not sure this is why most of their members don't use synthetics. I read a lot of posts over there and many of those guys seem willing to spend some serious money on their products. Many of them use high end Zymols, Swissols, etc. Plus, they import products from the U.S. constantly. Regardless, I enjoy that there are little to no "carnauba vs. synthetic which is better?" threads.

I've definitely picked up a few interesting tips over there that I plan on giving a try once the weather is right around here.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Former Moderator

Interesting website.

I have my own take on carnauba. I use, I love it , i have about 7-8 different ones at home as we speak.... but it's only a matter of time before it's made only by small specialty companies. You have protection, you have appearance. It already lost the protection edge and with the newer synthetics it's going to lose the appearance edge before long too.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Xd

Hi Mike, yup seen you a few times on the forum

I use carnauba becaus eI prefer the results. If there are any UK products you are after maybe we can sort something out. Alex at Serious Performance is just down the road from me.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:49 PM

Hi Mike

I have seen you over there too.

I was thinking just the other day that we can get Megs #16 in the blue tins if anyone is interested. I read a number of post on MOL that in some US states you can't get it anymore.

We might be able to help

$ :