S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Detailing Process?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing Process?

Wanted to get some input on what steps I should do when detailing my01 berlina. It has fine swirl marks/scratches but nothing really deep. So far I have wash, clay bar, polish, sealant, wax. Would it be necessary for me to clay bar again when I did it about a couple weeks ago, and btw I also have a layer of wax on the car. For polish I have the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and Meguiar's m205 as my main polish, for sealant I plan on using Menerna Power Lock, and S100 for wax. Let me know if I have the appropriate products and if they are the correct ones, what pads should I use with them? I have the 7424xp kit with these pads:

products:

Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Products seems fine. A lot of people recommend a jeweling polish after M205, such as 3M Ultrafine (formerly known as Ultrafina) or Menzerna PO85RD. I was lazy/cheap and just did M205 twice, once with a CCS white pad and once with a CCS black pad.

If you pick a brand of pads, people can help you better.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:59 PM

the pads are the same in the picture, I believe they're the uber orange, green, blue, and black.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by dwight
Products seems fine. A lot of people recommend a jeweling polish after M205, such as 3M Ultrafine (formerly known as Ultrafina) or Menzerna PO85RD. I was lazy/cheap and just did M205 twice, once with a CCS white pad and once with a CCS black pad.

so in my case, if I were to use M205 twice would I use it once with the green pad and then the blue pad?
Old 06-02-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by toniotran
Originally Posted by dwight' timestamp='1307047521' post='20643343

so in my case, if I were to use M205 twice would I use it once with the green pad and then the blue pad?
Whether or not that's the best thing to do, I don't know but it kinda corresponds to what I did and I was satisfied with my results. Then uber black for the sealant. (I didn't wax afterwards.)
http://www.live2detail.com/showthread.php?t=665

The blue has less cut than the green, so it should finish up a little better. M205 is a little oily, but I didn't have much trouble working with it. Overall it was easier to work with than M105.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:29 PM

by any chance do you have any before pics to show the condition of the paint or how bad the swirls/scratches were. if anything I think I might just go with the equivalent pad and products then.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:53 PM

Just a small tip from what I have seen and that's BB are the hardest to get perfect. A friend of mine experienced this with his new S. He has to put in a lot more work to get about 95% perfect. Don't be surprised if its not 100% after the first few passes.

He has a thread posted here and I'm sure he will give you pointers if you have any questions. Good luck.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by JEEBS
Just a small tip from what I have seen and that's BB are the hardest to get perfect. A friend of mine experienced this with his new S. He has to put in a lot more work to get about 95% perfect. Don't be surprised if its not 100% after the first few passes.

He has a thread posted here and I'm sure he will give you pointers if you have any questions. Good luck.
thanks for your input...yea sux to own a black car but it's well worth it when its detailed. I hope he or anyone that owns a bb can help give me a few pointers.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Former Sponsor

this would work extremely well for polishing out a bb
Power Finish and PO85RD combo
Old 06-02-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by toniotran
by any chance do you have any before pics to show the condition of the paint or how bad the swirls/scratches were. if anything I think I might just go with the equivalent pad and products then.
Work with that you have. Do a test spot and see how it works out.

I only compounded:
1) my hood because it had hologramming on my hood from before I got my car
2) my passenger door had a lot of scratches from a bird attack. It wouldn't be a good point of reference.

I don't really have any good after pictures. Here's pictures of my door after the bird attack.

105 was able to clear all of that.

Quick Reply: Detailing Process?