S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

DETAIL PRODUCTS AND PAD QUESTIONS...

Old 06-20-2008, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DETAIL PRODUCTS AND PAD QUESTIONS...

Ok, so my friend just bought a used s10, its white and the paint is in pretty good condition but he wants it cleaned up. I told him Id do it for free if he just bought the products and let me have the leftovers rather than him buying some cheap stuff at walmart and doing it the wrong way himself.

i have a couple questions.

1. Is this Menzerna kit pretty good to start off with? Will I need a finishing product or wax to go over these, such as the menzerna sealing wax or lusso oro?

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.asp?P...PROD&ProdID=205

2. Will these polishes work with a high speed rotary rather than a pc?

3. What pads should I use with the high speed rotary with these two products and what pad for the sealing wax if I go that route? The lusso oro goes on by hand correct?

thanks guys! I may just rent a PC random orbit for the job to make sure its right even though I have experience with a high speed.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:14 PM

I am also looking at the Adams All Purpose cleaner for the engine detail, is this stuff good and what should I get to dress it up?

Also the truck has aftermarket chrome wheels, is the Adams Metal Polish #2 ok for them?
Old 06-20-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. The menzerna kit will work very well to start with. I really wish I had some IP to work with to begin with.

2. With a rotary, ALL polishes work better! I practiced on my friend's civic hood with some Meguiar's scratch X and i let him apply some by hand. He wouldn't let me finish so he has a bunch of faded black hood and a black L on his hood hahahahah

3. For a rotary, you should always start off with the lightest cut you have. Get your blue or black pad then go from there. If you don't see improvement, go to white or orange. If you still don't see improvement, time to take out the yellow!

I don't know if I'd want to put on wax with a rotary. A PC might work better. The heat generated might destroy the wax particles.

No idea what lusso oro is so I can't answer this

4. Get the rotary! I think you'll be much more satisfied with it.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:08 PM

I already have a rotary since I detail boats for a living, just wasn't sure if the pc could do a better job.

thanks fo the help! anybody else want to chimein please do so! thanks!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The Twanksta,Jun 20 2008, 01:07 PM
1. Is this Menzerna kit pretty good to start off with? Will I need a finishing product or wax to go over these, such as the menzerna sealing wax or lusso oro?

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.asp?P...PROD&ProdID=205

2. Will these polishes work with a high speed rotary rather than a pc?

3. What pads should I use with the high speed rotary with these two products and what pad for the sealing wax if I go that route? The lusso oro goes on by hand correct?

thanks guys! I may just rent a PC random orbit for the job to make sure its right even though I have experience with a high speed.
it depends. first step is inspection. you may not need intensive polish. personally i'd rather go with super intensive polish, 106ff, and po85rd if you really want a nice finish.

i always finish with a sealant and a wax, but this is up to you. lusso oro is a good choice.

agree with specc about the rotary.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:28 PM

ok I will just use the rotary then. so I use all foam pads and the ccs pads are fine? I will also be using these products on my own s2k, which was detailed and now has buffer trails and slight hazyness(not from me-why I'm doing it myself now) so will these two correct my paint fine or need something more intensive?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Twanksta,Jun 20 2008, 02:28 PM
ok I will just use the rotary then. so I use all foam pads and the ccs pads are fine? I will also be using these products on my own s2k, which was detailed and now has buffer trails and slight hazyness(not from me-why I'm doing it myself now) so will these two correct my paint fine or need something more intensive?
Intensive Polish on a light cutting pad via rotary should work fine. I'm not sure which model the Micro Polish is, but I would recommend using a blue CCS (finessing) pad and either Menzerna's Final Polish II, or 3M's Ultrafina for your final polishing step. This has been the only combo I've found that can finish down hologram free with a rotary on soft Berlina paint. I've found that even Menzerna 106FF (Micro Polish?) is a little too aggressive for finishing down on very soft paints
Old 06-21-2008, 05:02 AM

thanks! Ill look into one of those final polishes.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:08 AM

Im going to be going with tekstars advice and get the Menzerna super intensive polish, 106ff, po85rd, and lusso oro to top it off with.

Now I just need to figure out what pads I will need for each step. These will be used on a rotary buffer if it makes any difference. i know you guys said to start with the least cutting pad and go heavier if needed correct? but what is the general rule of thumb for each of these polishes?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:38 AM

Shmitt Wash Mitt
Optimum Car Wash (32 oz)
Adam's Clay Bar (Grey Professional Grade)
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish 32 oz
Menzerna Nano Polish PO106FF 32 oz
Menzerna Polishes PO85RD 32oz
Lusso Oro (8 oz)
Adam's Metal Polish #1 & 2
CCS 5.5 inch Orange Polishing/Light Duty Compounding
CCS 5.5 inch Green Polishing Pad
CCS 5.5 inch Blue Final Finish Pad
Detailer's Domain "Uber" Jumbo Waffle Weave Drying Towel Red
5 - 6" Hook & Loop Rotary Flexible Backing Plate

Will all these products be good enough? :crack:

Also will these products be enough to do 3-4 cars or more?

A few of my friends are willing to pay around $100 each for me to get these products and in return use them on their cars and I get leftovers and also get to do my own car, just need to make sure there is enough product to go around. I know 32oz is pretty substantial amount correct?

And how do you clean foam pads?

Quick Reply: DETAIL PRODUCTS AND PAD QUESTIONS...