S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

dent

Old 06-16-2006, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dent

i have a dent in my s2000, its a sad sad thing; BUT i need to know if theres an access point to where i can massage it out a little bit.

any ideas are appreciated.

* if this isnt the correct fourm redirect me. please.

when search worked i searched it and only going paintless dent removal and things like that, nothing about acess spots.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

I'm going to move this to Wash n' Wax. There isn't any access behind the rocker panel without drilling some holes. It's probably best to talk to the painless dent guy in your area.

They may be able to glue on suction cups and pull it out.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:53 PM

thanks slow. i thought it might go here, but its not really anything to do with washing so i took a 50/50 chance.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 318 Posts

Most of the Wash n' Wax junkies have some experience with painless dent repair, and since it's about taking the dent out without repainting , I figured this would be the place.

If not, wanabe will move it again.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:39 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmmm... definitely ask around in your local area forum for a good PDR guy. There are lots of them around, but the really good ones are golden. The average guys have told me that they can't touch a dent but the GOOD guy I have took it out 99%.

I'd say that that may be a difficult job for PDR, since the metal is extra heavy down there and without direct access.... I don't know. Worth having it looked at, though.

Good luck with it.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:41 PM

yeah, i dont even care if its 50% out, just something better than it is now. its killing me.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:50 PM

A good PDR guy should be able to get that out. You will probably need to jack up the car, remove the rear wheel, then remove the small rubber deflector along the bottom of the panel in front of the wheel, then drill a hole in there and push it out. Make sure they seal the hole with a black plug when they are done and you shouldnt be able to tell if the guy is any good.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:27 PM

I just had a dent removed in an area right above that. He removed some panels under the softtop then drilled in there for access. So the grommet is inside the car and is covered by a panel.

The guy I used said that there is also a steel sheet that runs in between the two outer sheets, so it can be difficult to access some of those areas if you drill in the wrong place.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out of experience....(dealt with the rocker a few times)

The answer is 96% no. The rocker is a VERY sturdy piece of metal, and is not thin sheetmetal like panels are. I can almost bet that they will use a pin gun (forgot the actual name of this tool) and pull it out the best they can, then use a VERY light coat of bondo.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

P.S. How did it happen?

P.P.S.

My car is as good as new!

Old 06-23-2006, 09:59 PM

ditch. i was hoping that i wouldnt have to use the dent puller with the screw thing. maybe a really really good PDR can get it out *still praying a little* im getting paid tomorrow so i can find out if this local guy who is very very good can do it or if i will indeed have to use the bondo method.

Quick Reply: dent