S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

--DD's HUGE HOLIDAY SALE ENDING SOON--

Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

doh, my membership musta just expired. gotta renew that 1st so I can post up stuff for sale.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool got some orders in they should all ship...however back ordered on

Swissvax applicator pads, Swissvax Brushes, 4 inch DA backing plates, and Swissvax Mystery....they will be in shortly.

Phil
Old 11-07-2007, 04:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great opportunity to try some new stuff. I threw down on a Porter Cable of my own, along with some Menzerna goodies and some Raggtop. Also talked on the phone with Phil for at least half an hour yesterday afternoon. He was a huge help in clearing up the "muddy waters" and guiding me towards what I needed to check out. I've got the S2000 of course, which looks pretty good as it stands but could look better. And I've got my Mother's birthday coming up soon, and her dark blue MR2 Spyder really, REALLY needs a going over with "the good stuff."

Pictures to follow, weather permitting, after this weekend with the PC. I've only got Saturday to work, so I may only get to Mom's car, but it'll be my first time stepping up to some Menzerna. The plan is:

- Wash, clay
- Menzerna Intensive Polish
- Menzerna Micro Polish
- Zymol HD Cleanse
- Zymol carbon

To Phil's credit, he told me he likes zymol and didn't try to "up sell" me on anything else. I've been really happy with the way a freshly zymol'd car looks, even if the durability isn't what I'd like it to be. Should be a good combination...

Great. So in addition to road racing and autocrossing, I've now got a third, expensive addiction. Wonderful...
Old 11-07-2007, 03:29 PM

Received 320 Likes on 170 Posts

Anybody have any experience with the products that come in the PC Essentials Detail Kit? I am looking to completly start my detailing supply collection over as I stupidly left it all in California when I moved. I came fomr Griots Garage/Zaino products and I am wondering how this stuff compares. Also and insight into the quality of the PC that comes with the kit would be great. Thanks,

-David
Old 11-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Feezy, the pc in this kit is the PC that everyone has its made by Porter Cable and you should have no problems with it.

Adam's in my mind is better than Griots. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

What is the condition of your car as well do you have a garage that you can polish your car in or will you be outside etc..

Check out these videos:
http://detailersdomain.com/index.asp...on=Custom&ID=3
Old 11-08-2007, 04:26 AM

Received 320 Likes on 170 Posts

I would be purchasing all of this stuff to work on my Fit. I sold my S a while ago and I am just waiting to pull the trigger on another one. The Fit is all of 3 weeks old and I do have a garage to polish it in. I havent touched it yet as I have damn near nothing left (as far as detailing supplies are concerned) and Im not going to half ass it the first time out.

I will take some time and run through the videos when I get home. The reason I ask the questions is I am super picky and anal retentive when it comes to my cars. I just hate droping a ton of money and not being happy with the purchase. (Which I tend to do far to often)
Old 11-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Former Sponsor

ok then I would probably build you a kit:

Here is what I would suggest:

PC
Velcro backing plate
CCS pads
Orange or Green (2-3 pads)
White (2-3 pads)
Black or Blue ( 1 or 2) for the sealant or wax unless you are going with a paste wax like Lusso or Swissvax
Foam pad brush (to clean the pads when in use)
Grit Guard Bucket Kit
Shmitt Wash mitts
Menzerna IP and Micro Polish kit unless you want to go to Super Intensive and 85RD
Adam's Car Wash
Swissvax Paint Rubber (Clay very fine) Adam's Detail Spray for the clay lube
P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel
P21S AutoWash for the degreaser
Adam's Undercarriage spray for the wheel wells
Adam's In and out spray for the engine
Adam's Glass Cleaner for the glass
Einszett Glas Polish
Adam's VRT for the tires and plastic trim
Einszett Cockpit for the interior trim
Einszett Leathercare (if you have leather)
Lot of Microfiber towels (20)
Waffleweave Drying towel (2)
Optional:
Foam Gun
Firehose nozzle
Quick realease adapter for the hose
Shut off valve for the hose
Extra bucket for the two bucket method
Wheel Brushes
Interior brushes
Microfiber restorer detergent.

Its a huge list but I guess you can pick and choose from there.

Let me know if you need help or drop me a call
Old 11-10-2007, 05:08 AM
Former Sponsor

weekend bump
Old 11-10-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Phil / all, I spaced and didn't think to take any pictures, but let's just say that the Menzerna polishes, along with the orange pads and the Porter Cable, really brought the dark blue MR2 back to life. It looks as good as it's looked since it rolled off the showroom floor five years ago.

I did learn some things along the way with the Menzerna. First of all, I only really needed the Intensive polish. It was just right to fix a heavily swirled car, but didn't haze to my eye at all. Second, I noticed that the "working time" with the Menzerna is pretty short, so I ended up working in small sections. Once I figured that out, the job was pretty easy.

Followed up the Menzerna with my existing zymol HD Cleanse and then zymol Carbon, as Phil and I discussed on the phone. The car practically glows. And I now remember what a hateful job it can be getting dried HD Cleanse off the car...

Oh, the Raggtopp stuff is absolutely freakin' MONEY! The top on the MR2 hadn't seen a cleaning in I don't know how long. This stuff really brought it back to life in a major way. Convertible owners should be mandated to get some of this stuff when they apply for license plates - it's that good.

Anyway, Phil the stuff works exactly as promised. I'm thrilled with all of it.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Karl,

Thanks for the feedback I 'm glad you liked every thing that you liked.

Let me know how else I can help you out.

Quick Reply: --DD's HUGE HOLIDAY SALE ENDING SOON--