S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Damn IT~!

Old 05-25-2008, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn IT~!

Hey guys, I didn't know where to post this but some bastard did a small "hit-and-run."

I realized it as I was washing my car today and I need to know a ball park price of how much would it cost to repair it "correctly." (No half assing with zip tie kind of thing).

It's about 3" long, 1/2" deep, and the pannel to bumper has a long miss-match.

How much do you think it'll cost me to repair it?
Old 05-25-2008, 04:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

depends where you live, how much the body shop charges, and how much of the car you want painted, if its blended in, etc etc etc. best advice is to go to your local forums and ask around for a good body shop.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh i should share this with you, while i was dealing with AAA, i learned that if you claim a hit and run and say that your car was parked, you dont get a point on your driving record to get it fixed.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by shotiable,May 25 2008, 04:36 PM
oh i should share this with you, while i was dealing with AAA, i learned that if you claim a hit and run and say that your car was parked, you dont get a point on your driving record to get it fixed.
I live in SoCal(near Long Beach area). I'm only asking for a ball park range. I really cant get a estimate till Tuesday anyways. There's no body shop around here that'll be open on a weekend/Memorial day weekend.

I haven't claimed anything yet to my insurance and I'm planning to pay in cash, so a 'point' wont be a issue.

I'm just hoping for a simple stripping the paint, studgun/dent pull, fill-in lightly as possible, paint the quarter pannel only, kind of deal.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:29 PM

I think I am crazy, because I don't see it.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

i think its the arch of his wheel well in the rear thats creased, i spent a good 5 minutes looking at it myself mystified. but yeah PDR should work fine IMO because u can reach behind the qtr panel and have access to it. maybe a bit of filler is needed. if it can't be pulled out i think you can ask your agent for a whole new rear qtr? i've heard of that being done before too
Old 05-25-2008, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by dagle,May 25 2008, 06:39 PM
i think its the arch of his wheel well in the rear thats creased, i spent a good 5 minutes looking at it myself mystified. but yeah PDR should work fine IMO because u can reach behind the qtr panel and have access to it. maybe a bit of filler is needed. if it can't be pulled out i think you can ask your agent for a whole new rear qtr? i've heard of that being done before too
At this point, I'm hoping it's fixable. If not, I do have a secondary plan of rolling it so I could put in a bigger/wider rims.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best advice I can give you is find a good PDR guy, and ask him to look at it. He may well tell you that you're out of luck. But he may also tell you "yeah, I can make that better," and do his best to do just that.

I jacknifed my tire trailer into a spot not far from there. The PDR guy didn't think he could make it perfect again, but I'll be darned if I can spot it anymore. Those guys really are Jedi Masters.

My dent cost me about $100 to get fixed. I very happily paid that, and tipped the guy $20 for a job very well done.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by krshultz,May 25 2008, 08:27 PM
Best advice I can give you is find a good PDR guy, and ask him to look at it. He may well tell you that you're out of luck. But he may also tell you "yeah, I can make that better," and do his best to do just that.

I jacknifed my tire trailer into a spot not far from there. The PDR guy didn't think he could make it perfect again, but I'll be darned if I can spot it anymore. Those guys really are Jedi Masters.

My dent cost me about $100 to get fixed. I very happily paid that, and tipped the guy $20 for a job very well done.
I'm taking your advice and gonna go with a PDR first. If that doesn't work, then I'll move onto the expensive solution of doing the full on job for about $600 or so.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:47 AM

PDR is awesome. They do amazing things.

-Ian

Quick Reply: Damn IT~!