S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Covercraft Weathershield HD

Old 10-11-2013, 06:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Covercraft Weathershield HD

Looking to purchase a cover for my new S2000 for Winter storage. Unfortunately it will be outside (no garage ).

Was curious to see if any of you guys on here had the Covercraft Weathershield HD cover? I've heard great things about it but also that it may scratch paint on the seams. I've seen posts on other non related forums that people who purchased it were able to get flannel material put on the seams so it won't scratch. However those posts were from a couple of years ago.

Does anyone that has this cover and bought it recently know if the flannel lining is installed on the newer ones by default?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:18 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I've personally never heard there being an issue with any CoverCraft product. I would call the service representative shown within this link should you have any questions on their products.

http://www.autogeek.net/weathd.html
Old 10-11-2013, 07:53 AM

I will give them a call. Winter in my area of PA can go anywhere from mild to terrible so it's a crap shoot. Aside from cleaning/detailing the car before the cover goes on; any other recommendations?

Any one else have recommendations for a cover other than the WeatherShield HD? Putting carpet underneath the tires when it sits, good or bad?
Old 10-11-2013, 09:46 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

There is a lengthy thread already on car storage tips, you might run a search for that post. Is there any chance of you finding a garage, shed or storage facility for your car?
If you could find some sort of shelter your car would fair much better over winter. Your enemies are rust, mildew, dust and rodents.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't have the Weathershield HD but I've had the Weathershield HP since 2007 and haven't had any scratches from the seams. Just make sure the car is clean before you put it on and that dirt and grit don't get under it.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

use oem cover underneath if you can afford it, to avoid swirls. You can remove/replace both at the same time.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by jimi
use oem cover underneath if you can afford it, to avoid swirls. You can remove/replace both at the same time.
I was under the impression that the OEM cover was indoor only. Would it be ok for outdoor use with another cover (Weathershield HD) over top of it?
Old 10-15-2013, 01:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

a good cover will have a few layers. starting with smth soft to prevent swirls and ending with smth more "hard".. on top of that air should go through but no water should be able to get inside
Old 10-17-2013, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zakazak
a good cover will have a few layers. starting with smth soft to prevent swirls and ending with smth more "hard".. on top of that air should go through but no water should be able to get inside
No cover is water proof, so water will get through & leave water marks. with The soft oem cover will avoid this.smth
Old 11-13-2013, 09:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Add the combo of (As I have) OEM cover then an all weather tarp which is waterproof.

Should fit your needs.

Quick Reply: Covercraft Weathershield HD