S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Cleaning the soft top Confusion???

Old 07-27-2006, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you get wolfsteins raggtop protectant off the glass. tried windex, ppg 330 cleaner , wax and rug cleaner
Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Holy ancient thread archaeology Batman!

Klasse AIO may work, it does a decent job on glass, Mothers also makes a really good glass cleaner. I'd go post this question in the Wash and Wax forum. There are 4 additional years of experience and products since this thread was started.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=xviper,Aug 9 2002, 10:10 AM]My car is almost 2 years old.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the 303 cleaner and then the 303 protectant. I'm not sure of the effects of just taking it to a regular car wash and having it cleaned with soap... When you put the 303 protectant on you will get a very dark back look to your top. I would think you would get more damage/wear on your top from the sun then you would from cleaning the top with regular soap.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:27 PM

I live in Hawaii. For those of you that have been here and know about the red dirt.... (it stains everything) well, lets just say I had a red tint to my top due to the previous owner not taking care of it. When I first got the can I did a full scrubb down. I heard 303 was good so I gave it a shot, was not too impressed. It looked good for about a day. I think you can just use tire shine to get the same effect. Now I just use a brush to scrub the top down once a month and it looks fine.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those of us who have no choice but to leave the car un-garaged, I would like to know which product has the best UV protection. Of less concern to me would be ease of application or duration after application. I will use a product 2-3 times a week if this is what it takes to perserve my top.
I just got my car this month and have purchased one each of Ragtopp and 303 protectant and intend to make some judgement about both of these products. The problem is, I probably won't be able to know which product is working the best.
For now (unless someone knows better), I stick to one application once a week.
Are there any stronger UV protectants on the market? I live in Florida.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by JackS,Jul 27 2006, 08:04 PM
For those of us who have no choice but to leave the car un-garaged, I would like to know which product has the best UV protection. Of less concern to me would be ease of application or duration after application. I will use a product 2-3 times a week if this is what it takes to perserve my top.
I just got my car this month and have purchased one each of Ragtopp and 303 protectant and intend to make some judgement about both of these products. The problem is, I probably won't be able to know which product is working the best.
For now (unless someone knows better), I stick to one application once a week.
Are there any stronger UV protectants on the market? I live in Florida.
Why don't you get a top cover? This is what I use when the car is not in the garage. Do a search on ebay for s2000 top cover. It is about 50 bucks, it takes about 2 minutes to put on and it is waterproof. I can leave my windows about 1/4 cracked through a heavy thunderstorm. Not only does it protects the top, but also the leather interior. A win, win.

BTW, I use 303 and I am not impress also. But it is suppose to be really good against UV. The only thing is the film it leaves after it rains.

I'm going to try the raggtopp next.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Good Idea with the top cover. I knew that this existed but never noticed it on E-Bay. I'll look again, I probably just missed it.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by frofro24,Jul 27 2006, 09:27 PM
I live in Hawaii. For those of you that have been here and know about the red dirt.... (it stains everything) well, lets just say I had a red tint to my top due to the previous owner not taking care of it. When I first got the can I did a full scrubb down. I heard 303 was good so I gave it a shot, was not too impressed. It looked good for about a day. I think you can just use tire shine to get the same effect. Now I just use a brush to scrub the top down once a month and it looks fine.
303 isn't a miracle cure. My top has been 303'd since day one, It looks better than new.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a garage at the moment, I use 303 a few times a month, maybe twice a month, just depends on how much it rains and how much I was my car. I also use 303 on the inside since my car is outside all the time, the heatshield windshield shade helps a lot to keep out the sun in the inside. I say clean the top once or twice a month and protect it once or twice a month and it will look great.

Quick Reply: Cleaning the soft top Confusion???