S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Cleaning the soft top Confusion???

Old 08-08-2002, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning the soft top Confusion???

Sorry for the newbie question but just got my S 2 weeks ago. I did a search on how to clean the soft top and found that some people dont suggest that you use car soap on the soft top at all then others say its okay. I found that people use different vinyl cleaners such as that porsche stuff to clean it also. So is it okay to clean the soft top with carwash soap or should I just rinse it with water? Can someone please help me with this confusion. Thanks
Old 08-08-2002, 11:03 PM

help please
Old 08-09-2002, 01:51 AM

I use 303 Convertible Top Cleaner. Works great. Then use 303 Protectant for vinyl tops.
Old 08-09-2002, 02:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Soon after I got my car, I applied Wolfstein's Raggtop Protectorant. This is stuff is, bar none, the best top protectorant you can buy, better than, for example, the very expensive Porsche stuff, and a lot less money. Even though the car was virtually new, the top got a lot darker and blacker after I put the Raggtop Protectorant on, and it shedded water like a duck's back.

Now, I just use my boar hair brush and Zaino wash just like I do on the rest of the car. The top is always in beautiful condition and there is no sign of fading or discoloration. IMO, and judging by my experience, there is no need for a special cleaner.
Old 08-09-2002, 03:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel
[B]Soon after I got my car, I applied Wolfstein's Raggtop Protectorant.
Old 08-09-2002, 04:07 AM

yes...please help
Old 08-09-2002, 06:06 AM

www.autofanatics.com sell both the Raggtop and Porsche Tequipment lines. I can really recommend their service even from over here!

Convertible top products
Old 08-09-2002, 06:27 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
www.autofanatics.com sell both the Raggtop and Porsche Tequipment lines. I can really recommend their service even from over here!

Convertible top products
Thanks......I just placed my order for Plexus and a bunch of other stuff I've been looking for.
Old 08-09-2002, 07:10 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Care and feeding of the S2000 soft top is NOT rocket science. It's strange how some people tend to make it that way. My car is almost 2 years old. The car has been through 4 seasons daily driving ranging from +35*C to -35*C. Each time I wash my car (and it only gets washed when it needs it and when I feel have the time), the top gets washed the same way the rest of the car gets washed (with Zaino car wash soap but any car wash soap will do). Then twice, maybe 3 times a year, I treat it with low gloss ArmourAll. Some folks use 303. My top always comes out clean and after a fresh "treatment", looks like new.
Some things in life need some extra thought and planning. Don't over-think this one. It'll just give you less time to enjoy it.
(You should worry about as much when it comes to caring for that plastic picnic table cover.)
Old 08-09-2002, 07:43 AM

xviper,

My local Zaino distributor suggested using the tire protectant on the vinyl top.
Good or Bad idea?

Thx

Quick Reply: Cleaning the soft top Confusion???