S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Cleaning Rear Plastic Window

Old 07-21-2001, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning Rear Plastic Window

Anyone got any tips on an easy way of cleaning the inside of the rear window? I find it difficult in general to reach the window as I've always cleaned it with the top up and having to find a comfortable position (standing/sitting/etc.). Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 07-22-2001, 04:55 PM

Try facing the rear of the car with one knee on a seat and the other leg out the door. Do half the back window, then move to the other side. Spray the cleaner on a cloth/towel rather than trying to spray it directly onto the window. I use Plexus, and it works great.
Old 07-24-2001, 05:44 PM

where can you get plexus???
Old 07-24-2001, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by dlrooney
where can you get plexus???
Motorcycle shops, Boating places, even Pet Club in some towns. Or the easy way: http://www.properautocare.com/plexus.html
(note this is by no means the only online place to get it. There are lots of others. For example: http://www.autofanatics.com/plexpremplas.html)

Use it. You'll like it. If you do eventually end up with small scratches, use Meguiar's #17+#10
Old 07-25-2001, 02:51 PM

Where can I find Meguiar's #17+#10? I've been to several local (Seattle) autoparts stores that carry Meguiars products. They tell me they don't carry it and cannot order it.
Old 07-25-2001, 02:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rlawson
[B]Where can I find Meguiar's #17+#10?
Old 07-25-2001, 03:15 PM

To clean the inside of the rear window, I sit in the passenger seat with my legs hanging out of the car and my back facing the center console. Then, I use my LEFT arm to clean the driver's side of the window. You will be amazed how much of the window you can reach. I then move to the driver seat and do the same thing (legs facing the door opening, back against the center console) except I use my RIGHT arm this time. Again, try to reach as much of the window as you can. I think this method is the easiest and puts the least amount of stress on the body and the car.

When using Plexus, make sure to spray it directly on the towel. Also, apply several coats and buff it off thoroughly using a soft towel/cloth. I use a Miracle Towel. You can order this and all other supplies including Plexus at www.properautocare.com/vinyl---convertible.html
Old 07-31-2001, 11:50 AM

I purchased Plexus via recommendations on this borad, and am really not happy with the product. It streaks and does not clean well.....a good quality glass cleaner seems to work best...

Now...it could be operator error...but so far I would not buy Plexus again.
Old 07-31-2001, 12:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vegas005
[B]I purchased Plexus via recommendations on this borad, and am really not happy with the product. It streaks and does not clean well.....a good quality glass cleaner seems to work best...

Now...it could be operator error...but so far I would not buy Plexus again.
Old 07-31-2001, 12:49 PM

I'm using 3M Plastic Cleaner (PN 39017), 3M Plastic Polish (PN 39010), and 3M Perfect-It Show Car Detailing Cloth (PN 39016) to clean the window. It's great!

Quick Reply: Cleaning Rear Plastic Window