S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

casual zaino users?

Old 08-12-2002, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E30,

but what if i want to stop applying it? I believe the P21S guys tell you not to layer, so that means I *have* to reapply every month. While i do apply zaino often right now, in a few months when it gets colder, i'll definately stretch that out as long as i can.

while i have never seen P21S in person, many people do swear by it. so i don't doubt the brilliance and shine, but the durability of zaino is hard for me to give up.
with zaino I *know* it's protected, even if it's been months.

but if i had a garage, or a garage queen, i'd definately give P21S a chance.

everyone,
thanks for all the input, it makes me feel better to know that if i don't apply zaino for a few weeks, that there's still protection on there.

homer2 welcome to the zainoholics, to paraphrase homer simpson, "must have that zainohol..."
Old 08-13-2002, 05:36 AM

E30 - Ive never used ps21 - so dont have familiarity with "the effort" required

what steps would a brand new user undertake - and what steps are required for a regular app ?
Old 08-13-2002, 06:04 AM

>>E30 - Ive never used ps21 - so dont have familiarity with "the effort" required<<

It's not much harder to apply than a quick detailer. You wipe on about 2 sq feet or a small panel and then immediately wipe. It goes on like butter using the supplied foam pad. Then it can be wiped off with very little effort. No waiting to see the shine - there it is!! No streaks, no white stuff on trim. Ideally you should wipe it off with a microfiber cloth - they are amazing.

>>>what steps would a brand new user undertake - and what steps are required for a regular app ?<<<

Wash car, clean/polish paint if needed using something like 3M imperial hand glaze or the P21S/S100 equivalent, and then wax the car.

If you are already Zainoing, just wash/dry the car and and put it right on top of the Zaino. Voila! You can't rezaino until the wax is off though. But you can rewax at any time. P21S /S100 doesn't layer. No need to apply many coats to try to improve the look. Some colors actually glow after this stuff is used!

Stan
Old 08-13-2002, 06:32 AM

thanks . . .

i agree - micro-fibre are amazing. i just wish there was some sort of standard involved with the manufacturing ,. . . there are (like towels) variances in quality than can lead to headaches . . .

any also i agree that the potential for wax over zaino to look damned impressive - for certain colours. I know of people who regularly apply a hi-quality wax over their zaino - and love the results. they claim to have a wetter looking shine, but to be honest, i havent been able to tell the difference. again though, its back to a subjective point, how shiny does it look to you or me, and how compared to the last time i saw it.

i swear, some nights - at dusk - my black car would literally glow in my driveway after a zaino session - . .and there was no wax.

i hope to have another dark colour soon, and can try out the wax over zaino (cant give up the durability thing up here in canada)

cheers - Dennis