S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

casual zaino users?

Old 08-02-2002, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default casual zaino users?

first i really like zaino. not really for the shine, i find that many waxes/polishes give a great shine when you apply it. i love it because of the endurance, the stuff justs lasts. I use it on my own car, but I also wanted to test it on cars that don't get pampered like mine does.

i have a new Electric Blue Cooper S, I wash it once a week and usually do a coat of zaino too. it's so quick that it's just not that much work. the results are great but i've been wondering about how long zaino really lasts. I put it on my car every week, so that's not a good test.

as many zaino users will agree, once you zaino, doing a coat isn't really that much work. so I decided to test it out. I did a full dawn/clay/zaino treatment on my parents car. an older honda accord (6 years) with limited cleaning attention. the paint is not perfect, nicks and scratches. one thing was clear after i dawned/clayed, there was zero wax on the car. the water was beading 0%. well I applied 1 coat of Z2 about a month ago. today i went to re-wash the car and put on another coat. the water is still beading off the car. this is after 1 month with zero car washes!

i know many people doubt this stuff, but for me when i combine the fact that it is so easy to put on (i put 1 coat on the accord in less then 10 minutes) and so easy to take off (again off in less then 10) and that it lasts so long. this is one great product!

i think people should give this stuff a chance. also for the record, i have about 1/4 of a bottle of Z2 left (after only 1 month). I have put 10 coats on my own Mini, 2 coats on my parents accord, 1 coat on another accord, and 1 coat on a civic. I think 5-6 more coats are possible from what's left. This is my first bottle, so i'm not stretching it as thin as some of the pros out there. but it comes out to around 50 cents a coat, which IMHO is cheap protection!

any other zaino users out there that just can't stop zaino-ing? are you offering to wash your parents/sister's car just so you have the peace of mind that they have a nice protectant on their car's finish?

wow is there a support group for people that zaino too much? maybe i can be the founding member?
Old 08-02-2002, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can hear it now..

hi, I'm a friend of mgiang7...

i've been using Z for about two months now and the stuff is like a drug.. I'm hooked must have at least ten coats of z2,z5 on my spa (as a matter of fact just came in from wiping the wax off)

found z5 seems to give a bit of a deeper shine
Old 08-02-2002, 09:44 AM

bass,

i think i'm worst then you, i left this out before but i got in at 11:30 last nite, woke up at 7:00AM to wash and zaino my car (had been two weeks since last wash). i was doing so well i even washed and zainoed another car in the driveway at my parents house. just over two hours to wash, and 1 coat zaino two cars. still ended up at work late though...

hello my name is minh and zaino got me fired
Old 08-02-2002, 10:22 AM

I Zaino my mom's car simply for the durability of the polish. Otherwise, she would call me every other month to visit and wax her car.

I do my wife's leased car for the same reason. I have a hard time putting in the hours on a car that isn't even mine.
Old 08-07-2002, 02:51 PM

A weekly application is just overkill IMHO.

I find Zaino lasts at least 3 months for a garaged vehicle. In fact, my last application lasted 6 months before I decided to do another application.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mgiang7
[B]i have a new Electric Blue Cooper S, I wash it once a week and usually do a coat of zaino too.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:14 PM

albert,

i can't really put into words how much i enjoy driving it. it is very satisfying to nail a set of curves. i've got some pictures up at

homepage.mac.com/minhi

please excuse the quality (cheap camera and much user error). One great thing is that zaino is super easy, not much surface area, and you can reach across the roof easy! but black/black? yikes, you've gotta be a detailing mad man to do that!!

9 months? i had to wait about 3 and that was pretty bad, thank heavens my dealer didn't give me the production number until after it was built, otherwise i would've tracked it everyday during those 3 months! my first time checking the status, my car was already at the VPC, waiting for a truck to the dealer!!
Old 08-07-2002, 08:16 PM

maveric,

i'm not advocating weekly zaino, i can't justify it. i just enjoy doing it, so i just slap a coat on there if I have the time. i figure it can't hurt, and it adds a little protection. i agree this stiff lasts a long time.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I hate polishing my car, any car. I have 2 cars in my garage and after the first "base" 3 coats, I only do the Zaino twice a year. Once before winter to protect it against the cold and once in the spring to protect it against the heat. Once a week or even once a month - MY GAWD! You need therapy. I got better things to do. They say after about 8 successive coats, that's about as good a shine as it gets. And for me, 1 coat every 6 months protects just as good as a gazillion.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mgiang7
[B] 9 months? i had to wait about 3 and that was pretty bad, thank heavens my dealer didn't give me the production number until after it was built, otherwise i would've tracked it everyday during those 3 months!

Quick Reply: casual zaino users?