S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

carnuba over synthetic

Old 09-11-2002, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by boiler

I have two microfiber bonnets that I use over a wool pad. I think that I was using the short nap bonnet. The short nap bonnet is better with wax/polishes that don't have much residue. I also have a long nap bonnet that is better when you are using something that does have a bit more residue to remove. I prefer the short nap bonnet for most uses.

Bob
Have you had any problems with the microfiber bonnets grabbing the surface causing the machine not to rotate? I tried lifting the machine to the point where it starts to rotate but then it's really not touching the surface. I have had much better luck with the foam pads. Going to try my microfiber finishing pad tomorrow as a final buff after removing my S100.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krazybartender
[B]

Have you had any problems with the microfiber bonnets grabbing the surface causing the machine not to rotate?
Old 09-12-2002, 09:39 AM

I have tried almost every wax available. Once I tried Klasse I was hooked. It's not very expensive and is great, especially if you clay you car first.

Mark
Old 09-12-2002, 10:29 AM

Hey guys...

s100 ?? boy it's a small container for $18.00 how much do you apply (like z very small?) what direction etc..

game plan is touch up a few spots with clay.. then re-coat the S with z2 then s100. hopeing the spa will look great

Thxs
Old 09-12-2002, 05:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bass
[B]Hey guys...
Old 09-12-2002, 05:41 PM

thxs bob... damn MA prices
Old 09-12-2002, 06:46 PM

P21S / S100 wax is not new to the states. It's been around awhile. But it has not been widely distributed. It's most easily found at detailing oriented outlets, foreign car parts places which sell P21S wheel cleaner and Harley Davidson dealers.

Applying and or removing it with a PC is not needed IMO. There is no real effort. No elbow grease required! Seriously. Some waxes will wipe you out for the day if you do the car by hand. You might as well use a PC to apply / remove quick detailer if you think P21S / S100 needs application help for home use. I simply wipe on a couple square feet and immediately wipe off, starting at the point of origin. Then overlap and continue. No delays or hassles getting white stuff out of cracks or on trim. It doesn't leave any, none. Instant full maximum appearance effect. Moving right along to do the whole car, it's just a bit harder than a quick detail spray job.

It might last "only" two months, but that was second amongst natural waxes and fourth ranking amongst natural and synth.

You know what? Most folks judge a car's overall appearance from the appearance of the hood. First impressions matter immensely and the S2000 has a hell of a nice looking front end. So I often wash then add a 2 minute hood / fender top relayer. Quickies are fun!

Stan
Old 09-12-2002, 07:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by E30M3
[B]Applying and or removing it with a PC is not needed IMO.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by boiler

Stan, I like to use my PC for both of those tasks not because I'm lazy, but because it simply looks better when I'm finished. If I can find a way to make the finish look better, I'll do it. Doesn't make any difference if it's more work or not.

Call me crazy, but my car shines,
Bob
I tried the PC for a "final buffing" after I wiped off the S100 wax. It didn't bring out any additional shine but then again i don't think my car could shine much more. I used a finishing microfiber bonnet. I honestly don't see a reason to use the PC to apply and remove the S100 it's just too damn easy by hand. I applied 4 coats of Finish First over the last couple days and used the PC to apply but wiped by hand. First coat cured for 1 1/2 hours, 2nd coat cured overnight, 3rd coat cured for about 4 hours, and final coat cured for about 1 1/2 hours. I then topped with S100 carnuba paste wax and buffed. It's night-time now so i'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to take pictures and post them. The car looks really good, it's impossible for it NOT to look good... I didn't really notice a difference when i layered the Finish First, it says you should notice a "dramatic" difference but i think they say that so you use more polish and have to buy more? I did like the prep cleaner by the same company... it applied easier and came off easier than the S100 - if that's even possible! It was like butter and helped loosen up the various spots of 3M Swirl Remover paste leftover from the application beforehand (VERY tough to get off if it dries). All and all I was happy with Finish First, very easy to apply and remove along with the S100. I even used it on my wheels and they shine very nicely. The only thing I didn't like is, along with almost every other cleaner/polish on the market, it claimed to hide the swirls and scratches but it didn't, plain and simple. I have a red S2K i should have pictures on this forum tomorrow. It's Thursday night which means it's ladies night here in Chi-town... don't worry i'm taking my other car out... my baby is sleeping in the garage.

Look for pictures tomorrow here in the wash and wax forum.
Old 09-13-2002, 06:11 AM

>>>The only thing I didn't like is, along with almost every other cleaner/polish on the market, it claimed to hide the swirls and scratches but it didn't, plain and simple. <<<

3M Imperial Hand Glaze is a f a n t a s t i c swirl/scratch hider. Great for any remnants of fix-it efforts. By itself it looks great but only lasts a week or so. Needs a top off with natural wax. Another goodie is the S100 shine enhancing cleaner. I seem to prefer the 3M goop though.

Stan

Quick Reply: carnuba over synthetic