S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

carnuba over synthetic

Old 09-10-2002, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by wanabe
i just found this (very interesting) in another post-

"You know what? The P21S / S100 had a better initial appearance than the Pinn. Sov. according to the Guru Reports folks. The two products were designed by the same chemist. Rumour has it that Pinn. Sov. might be more durable in hot, sunny weather. In regular weather it had lower durability than the P21S / S100.

Stan"
Pinnacle Souveran has long been touted as the "Perfect" black car wax on several detailing sites. While P21S/S100 is relatively new wax to the states and does not have the following that Pinnacle Souveran does. In the Guru Report's Wax Test, it stood head and shoulders above Pinnacle Souveran. In both looks and ease of use. I wouldn't waste 70 bucks on Pinn.Souv., go with P21S/S100.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:45 AM

wanabe,

i don't think i would sandwich it. i considered this too, and came to the conclusion that you don't need to sandwich. if you apply the s100 every 3-4 weeks, the zaino base coat always has an S100 protecting coat. if you lapse then at least the clear coat has protection from zaino. but if you sandwich, i doubt that the zaino would adhere correctly to a coat of S100 (which is why sal tells you to strip off any coats of wax). if you wanted to add some more coats of Z on top of your base coat, i would dawn wash the S100 off, add more zaino and then top with S100.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

stwok- looks like two votes for s100 over p.s.! thanks for the input. maybe we need a new thread just on this! guess i will be buying s100 real soon-

mgiang7- interesting thoughts. so if you go to carnuba, you should normally not go back to zaino? some synthetics can be sandwiched, but i do recall reading that sal said to strip wax before applying zaino... i thought he meant z1 - first time- only.

so new question- do you apply s100 with the porter cable? (i already know boilers answer!)... how does s100 app and removal compare to zaino app and removal with the pc?
thanks for all the great help with this!!
Old 09-10-2002, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wanabe
[B]stwok- looks like two votes for s100 over p.s.!
Old 09-10-2002, 04:27 PM

at the reccomendation of this thread (thxs Boiler) i just ordered some s100 to top my z.....

thxs guys
Old 09-10-2002, 08:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by boiler
[B]....there was a cordless orbital polisher inside! I'm not sure who makes it, because Meguiar's had their name on
Old 09-10-2002, 10:46 PM

[B]

It goes on and off sooo easy, it was too much trouble to apply S100 with the PC, but I did use it to remove the wax. You will not believe how easy it is to use S100. It's like nothing that I have ever used before.

Wanabe, I thought of you yesterday when my new Meguiar's catalog arrived. I opened it up and discovered that someone beat us to the punch....there was a cordless orbital polisher inside! I'm not sure who makes it, because Meguiar's had their name on
Old 09-11-2002, 07:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[B]

Wanabe, I thought of you yesterday when my new Meguiar's catalog arrived. I opened it up and discovered that someone beat us to the punch....there was a cordless orbital polisher inside! I'm not sure who makes it, because Meguiar's had their name on
Old 09-11-2002, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by Albert

Really??... is there any place online that I can check it out/order it?
Here it is: http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/s....cfm?SrcLine=CT

Who's going to be the first one? You have to report back to the rest of us, you know.

Bob
Old 09-11-2002, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by krazybartender

Just curious, what pad did you use on your PC to remove the wax?
I have two microfiber bonnets that I use over a wool pad. I think that I was using the short nap bonnet. The short nap bonnet is better with wax/polishes that don't have much residue. I also have a long nap bonnet that is better when you are using something that does have a bit more residue to remove. I prefer the short nap bonnet for most uses.

Bob

Quick Reply: carnuba over synthetic