S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

car seat prints

Old 03-20-2005, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car seat prints

This really isn't a question about my S, I wouldn't put and infant in it, but I tried to ask this in the TSX forum and got no replies . . . so though someone here might be able to help

I have a car seat in my TSX in the back seat (i have a 2 year old) and took it out to clean the other day and the leather was creased pretty bad. The seat is under a lot of pressure when the seat is latched down proper, so the seat is gonna get some damage.

Anybody now how to maintain leather seat that have a daily car seat in them.

Not that big of a deal, just curious?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would check the townsend leather site for ideas-http://www.townsendleather.com/

and we have a couple of leather experts who will hopefully see this thread-
Old 03-21-2005, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would place a moving blanket or another type of heavy, yet soft cloth in between the two, this will drastically reduce the wear and tear on the leather.

If the leather is already worn, it can be refinished to look like new again, but that would need to be done by a professional.

Creases may be heated out of the leather, but in order to do so you need to bring the temperatures ever so close to the point where the leather will pucker, so honestly I would leave this to someone with experience as well, otherwise it will look as if someone burned the leather with a cigar.

Just use something as a barrier in between the two to start, it will definitely cut down on the hard lines that can form.