S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

car got egged!

Old 11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default car got egged!

we were at a meeting this evening... took the wifes new bmw convert.
it has a cool top that you can open remotely as you walk up to the car, which i did-
but also noticed as i approached that something was running off of the top. got closer and found that the car had been egged with about 4 or 5 eggs.
put the top back up and got the car home.
sprayed the entire car with a detailers spray (used almost an entire bottle) to soften the egg and keep it soft. fortunately that worked! (worth the cost of that detailers spray)
we then picked off the shells and rinsed the entire car. we had just detailed it a couple of days ago, and thank goodness we did. the car has good protection all around and it paid off.
washed it carefully with p21s shampoo and had to focus extra attention on the egged areas. washed those areas with flowing water. all with just the light from the house and a flashlight (i dont normally detail in the night!)
we had preserved the top with raggtopp, and it cleaned up pretty easily too.
our driveway really stinks now, but the car looks brand new again.
the main lesson here is to get to the egg quickly and do everything you can to get it off the car before it hardens.
if i wasnt a detail freak, i might have waited until tomorrow to get the car washed... and most of you know that would have been too late.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is really awful. I don't know why when people see that someone has something nice they feel they have to try and ruin it. I'm glad to hear you managed to get all the egg off. Did you get any light scratching from the egg shells?

So, the top on your wife's car goes down with a press of the key fob? Is this a 6-series?
Old 11-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

mikeyc-
have not been able to inspect in normal light yet, but pretty sure there is no damage at all. got really lucky that the shells did not damage, and that we got the egg off in time. i think that most of the eggs must have hit the glass and top, although i had to pick shells off of the body in a few places.
guess all the bmws do this now, but if you hold down the unlock button on the key the windows drop and then the top... and this is on her 330cic.
she thinks it happened cause she does not have license plates- so you can tell its a new car. i agree its really hard to understand.
thx for the thoughts
Old 11-02-2005, 09:15 AM

i feel your pain...my S was also a victim. i was lucky enough to only get hit with one. my sister's friend had her white big body benz egged with 4-5 blue dye eggs!! well i found this out around 2:30am and was outside cleaning the spots down..what a pain in the ass washing a car that early in the morning!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by whiteAP1at9k,Nov 2 2005, 10:15 AM
i feel your pain...my S was also a victim. i was lucky enough to only get hit with one. my sister's friend had her white big body benz egged with 4-5 blue dye eggs!! well i found this out around 2:30am and was outside cleaning the spots down..what a pain in the ass washing a car that early in the morning!
thanks...
yup we washed it in the dark too! just not at 2:30- that must have been really hard when you are tired too.

and just got a call from my wife that she found a few of the usual very small paint chips that egg damage often leaves- she says you really have to look for it, but its still ashame that she has this on her new car.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:55 PM

That is just terrible, especially on a brand new car...what is wrong with people these days? People have just seemed to lose respect for one another as well as another's property. Gotta love society these days!
Old 11-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

[QUOTE=moonsurfer,Nov 2 2005, 05:55 PM] That is just terrible, especially on a brand new car...what is wrong with people these days?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I thought only people from my hometown did such rediculous things to other peoples cars.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:51 PM

someone did that when i was driving my Legend. I didn't notice cause the hit the back side while driving and it was dark. I didn't realized it was these high school kids in a truck until I got to the gas station.

boy I was was mad.

glad you got it all cleaned up.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

the rough spot that i posted about above was tiny shell fragments stuck in the paint.
i vinegared, clayed and polished the area... the vinegar pretty much melted out the fragments, the clay got what the vingar missed and the polish smoothed out the area.
so i am left with a very small area that is not noticeable (except if you are looking really hard) kinda looks like a half dollar sized hurricane (spiral). i can live with this for now- and when i cant i will have to get the door repainted!

Quick Reply: car got egged!