S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Car Cover(s)?

Old 04-15-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the official S2000 car cover a pain the @$$ to put on. I bought a 30 dollar cover just to use evey now and then because I wanted something thin so it would be easier to take off and put on.

Maybe I need to wash it first to get it soft?? I have a hard time getting the cover on...kinda need to people.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM

I think the reason it's not soft is because it cost $30
Old 04-16-2008, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by jmike,Apr 15 2008, 08:08 PM
Is the official S2000 car cover a pain the @$$ to put on.
Not at all. In fact, its rather substantial weight makes it very easy to use, most especially under windy conditions. It is the cheaper and thus lighter covers that are a pain in the a$$ to use due to their being easily windblown thereby causing one to have to chase it about the car. Once you establish your own system it - the S's OEM cover - becomes very quick and easy to place upon the car.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:54 AM

The car cover i'm using was recommended to me a long time ago on jdmuniverse.i live in utah where the last few years our winters have sucked bad.i only drive my s2k on the weekends and in all the seasons but winter.where i cover it with a Coverking Car Cover.the website is covercraft.com but i bought mines at ajusa.com it was the cheapest site i found.when i bought it two years ago i paid 185 but when i just searched the same site it was 235 so they have gone up.but the item number is CVC2SP95.it's the coverking stormproof cover.the car cover is almost just like tent material.it drys really fast when it gets wet,keeps out the water excellent.its excellent at keeping out the sun.when i go to work in the summer i put it on all day in a huge parking lot and my car is cool when i get in.when i head out to the race track in the summer,its like 110 out there and it works perfect.i always wipe the car down before putting the cover on but it does a great job of not scratching the paint if dirt is still on the car.it feels like tent material and is a perfect fit.the OEM one is tighter fitting yes.but this one is still pretty tight.coverking custom makes it to your vehicle type when you order.i had to wait 3 weeks to have mine made.you can even order custom ones to fit your car with any mods.for example wings,kits,widebodies.you just have to have your vehicles measurements.i plan on upgrading to a custom one when i need to.it has soft elastics under the front and the rear so they fit snug in those areas.the sides have holes where you could tie it down but i never have.it stays on there really good except for really windy days.like winds of over 20-35 mphs.i have come out numerious times to find my cover on the ground blowing around the only thing holding it on is one of the sides stuck on the mirror.always the mirrors to lol.but thats the only problem and that doesn't happen to often.its double stitched everywhere and unlike other brands that stitch together several pieces of fabric.these covers are one whole piece that are the exact shape of the car.and like i said the material is non scratching to the paint.its very soft but rough at the same time its hard to explain besides tent material.its very easy to wash,i have never used soap on it.i just use warm water and meticulously wash the entire inside by hand.takes about and hour exactly.they have different models,cheaper ones and ones the suit specific climates.but the stormproof rates super high in all areas on their scale.they have a scale that has things like pollution,snow,Breathability,ease of use,size,UV protection, everything.the stormproof is the king though at keeping out all elements.in the winter i put this on after a nice wax.then i put a silver tarp on that i bought from walmart for nothing and put that over it.get the second to biggest tarp you can buy though,i think its like 15-18 feet.i bought 2 or 3 before i had a tarp big enough to cover the whole car and go to the ground on all sides.i use concrete blocks on the sides of the tarp to hold it down against the winter snows and winds.works perfect and its not too tight where it pushes down to hard on the car.then when it snows a ton i scrape all the snow off the tarp,shake it off,the other cover is perfectly clean still.i keep removing the snow so if any water does get into the cover it doesn't rust the vehicle.had a friend that said that happened to him didn't want to take any chances.also i have heard a lot of covers lose their UV protection over time and I don't see that happening w/this at all.it was a expensive to buy at first but definitely worth the investment.the OEM was like a 70-80 dollar difference when i was looking but the stormproof is much better in the winter.it only takes 2 mins to put on and take off,one person can do it easily.it takes a few seconds with two people and the cover even has a slot for your antenna.the antenna actually helps to keep it on but i have a shorty antenna and it still stays on tight.it fits in my trunk perfect.i usually just fold it up so the inside stays clean and put it in a black trash bag,they also sell bags that hold the cover but i didn't want to spend any more money.the trash bag works fine for me and the cover weighs nothing so i don't stress about the weight in my trunk.i have alot of experience w/this cover in every weather condition and would buy this same cover for any car i purchase in the future.they even makes custom covers for exotics.if they trust them then I can to.