S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Car cover Recomendations

Old 10-09-2005, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car cover Recomendations

Hey guys need some help.

My wife and I live in a condo that does not have a garage. I instead the S is parked in covered parking. The problem is there is lot of dust because of construction going on near by on top of the normal amount of dust and dirt. I am having to wash my car a couple times a week in order for it to be clean.

I am looking for a water resistent breathable cover around $100 bucks Suggestions, and comments would be helpfull.

Thanks
Romeez

I did try search but seem as though this is not a topic that has been brought up that much.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:37 AM

http://www.coverking.com/customcarcovers.html

Not much for $100. More like $244+shipping. Well worth it.
Try this link. You may want to buy a cable/lock also
Old 10-09-2005, 07:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if its parked in a covered area why does it need to be water resistant?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:44 AM

good question wanabe. THe reason why is because the car port is an end unit and one side of the car gets wet if it rains. Unfortunatly that was what I was assigned and there is nothing I can do about it.

Jimi thanks for the suggestion, I'll check that out. It is just hard when you are trying to stay within your budget. I am curious to hear all my options. thanks for the suggestions. Anymore suggestions out there?

Romeez
Old 10-11-2005, 07:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

moving this back to the top to see if anyone else has ideas for an inexpensive weather cover...
(all of them that i know of are not inexpensive)
Old 10-12-2005, 06:22 AM

I would try California Car Cover. I purchased a cover made with NOAH fabric. I Think the cost was under $175.00. NOAH fabric is suppose to be one of the best for stopping dust. I am very happy with the cover. I live in Wisconsin and also have a carport for my S2000. The garage gets the daily drivers, scraping frost off your windows sucks in the winter. The cover is a custom fit and even came with the antenna sock already installed. I think the NOAH fabric was developed by Kimberly Clark, they make Kleenex.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:17 PM

I am using the oem honda s2k cover. Fits like a glove, excellent materials and workmanship. got it online before I took delivery, $153.00
Old 10-27-2005, 04:32 PM

I use a Weathershield cover by Covercraft. Weathershield is the trademark for the material (by Nextec), Covercraft is the company that cuts the patterns and assembles the covers. Then you can buy them from any number of online retailers.

I have had covers for previous cars made from Evolution, NOAH, and Tyvek Plus, but Weathershield is *by far* the best. Every other material, even though they all said they were weather resistant, would leak water. First through the seams, then through the fabric, leaving a very dangerous condition of water trapped between paint and cover, also bringing all sorts of grit through. My Weathershield cover is the only one that does not leak any water, even after a fair soaking of rain. And yet it is still supposedly breathable.

Another benefit of Weathershield is that it is very thin. Two advantages are that it folds up small, great for a car like the S2000 with limited space, and that it fits in a regular household washer. This is key- my Evolution and NOAH covers had to go in an oversized commercial washer and therefore didn't get washed nearly as often. The key to using a cover is to keep both the car and the cover as clean as possible to avoid rubbing grit into your finish.

The only downsides to Weathershield is that it offers no dent protection (see thin), is a little more prone to blowing around in the wind when covering uncovering (also because it's thin and woven tight), and it is on the higher end of the price scale. But NOAH and Evolution aren't cheap either, and Weathershield is so much better IMHO.

You can find more info and a list of online retailers at:

http://covercraft.com/weathershield.htm

Covercraft also makes covers from all the other K-C fabrics.

Peter
Old 10-28-2005, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Romeez,Oct 9 2005, 12:31 AM
Hey guys need some help.

My wife and I live in a condo that does not have a garage. I instead the S is parked in covered parking. The problem is there is lot of dust because of construction going on near by on top of the normal amount of dust and dirt. I am having to wash my car a couple times a week in order for it to be clean.

I am looking for a water resistent breathable cover around $100 bucks Suggestions, and comments would be helpfull.

Thanks
Romeez

I did try search but seem as though this is not a topic that has been brought up that much.
you live in Murrieta? Wow, i'm close by you, sort of.. I'm a realtor in Temecula for First Team. Maybe i'll see you around, fly'n past me in your S.