S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Canopies

Old 10-23-2009, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canopies

I've been looking at upgrading from my regular umbrella like canopy to a nice car wash canopy with side walls. I tried looking up to see if there was anyone else who had a detailed discussion about this, but I haven't found anything so far. I park my car in the front, but would like to set up a canopy in the back so that way I can wash the car when the sun is out without worries.

I was looking at this particular canopy... Ace Canopy 18 x 20

I want to order from them, but the typos on the site scare me. Seem legit? Good deal? Any suggestions on any other better car wash canopies; preferably with side walls. Thanks!
Old 10-23-2009, 02:30 PM

I think EZ ups have some car wash canopies, not sure about side walls but they have some double wide ones so the sun wouldn't touch the car anyways.

EZ up + Water filter > Sun
Old 10-23-2009, 02:41 PM

yea for the price of that ace canopy, I probably would invest into that.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

damn that canopy is expensive.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slanguage,Oct 23 2009, 03:27 PM
damn that canopy is expensive.
I think I know why it's so expensive. It's the cost of the tubing. If it's using EMT conduit, that 1 3/8" stuff they're using is about $10 per 10' stick.

I've actually got one of these, sitting in a box, that I've never used:

It's just like that one, a 12x24, 2-car canopy. I've never even opened the box. The kits from that place are less expensive, but you have to source your own conduit. In order to complete mine, I would be in for a couple hundred dollars worth of conduit. Conduit is sold in 10" sticks, so if you're cutting it to be 6' tall or taller, you're throwing away a LOT of 4' sections.

Now, my 12x14 EZ-Up that I bought at K-Mart, I use that thing all the time. I can put it up by myself without a whole lot of swearing, and it cost me $115 plus tax.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:16 PM

I agree with Ken, EZ-up style canopies are much better to work with. We have 2 canopies. One is 10x10 EZ-up, costs around $200 a few years ago, is steel but light enough for one person to move/unpack/set-up if creative/put down/repack/reload into truck. Also, it is easy to move around once set up with two people. Cons: only half a car fits!

So we bought a 10x20 canopy: http://www.iundercover.com/uc2Pro10x20.html
Costs around $450. This one is aluminum but weighs more than the EZ up and is impossible to move around/set up with just one person. Hell, it takes some time with two people to get it right. Plus once up it is staying where it is. Too heavy and not stiff enough to lift off at once to move around. You will have to move the car. But it does a great job covering the space and providing a little extra for a table with the products we are using at the moment. Cons: heavy and hard to maneuver.

So we end up carrying around the 10x10. If we know there is no shade or garage, or it is a big SUV or truck, then we load up the large canopy. Since the truck is chock full of supplies, any more space required means we have to leave something. The 10x20 is not significantly larger than the 10x10 in the bag, but just a little too big to fit under my toneau cover with the bedslide. With a normal truck there should be almost no difference in footprint of the canopies once bagged up.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:33 PM

Are there any other sites anyone can suggest? I'd like to order from Ace Canopy, but the bad reviews steered me away from them.

I'm looking for an 18x20 Canopy with two or three sidewalls. Can't find any online stores that sell them, and Home Depot / Costco doesn't have any.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked on Amazon?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 PM

Yea... nothing unfortunately.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:14 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

The best, next to a real garage, would be something along these lines. There should be dealers in this type in your area, make sure they are rated for high winds and offer the extras you want. These are not cheap, but you get what you pay for and these don't blow away when anchored properly.

http://www.gaport.com/metal/car-covers.htm

Quick Reply: Canopies