S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Which came first? Zaino or Clear Bra?

Old 10-16-2004, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which came first? Zaino or Clear Bra?

I'm getting my new Berlina Black S2K soon. I'm planning on:

* replacing the H Badge with Rick's S Badges
* putting, oh, 10-20 coats of Zaino on it
* getting a Clear Bra installed

I want to confirm the best order of events. Here is what I'm planning:

* wash with liquid handwashing detergent (i.e. Dawn)
* remove H badge, marking area with masking tape
* clay the car, removing any residue from H badge area, careful not to remove making tape
* install S badge
* Zaino the car with the S badge on
* install Clear Bra over S badge and Zaino

Please confirm the order of events. In particular, would you:

* install the Clear Bra over or under the S badge? I assume over, just checking.
* any issues with Zaino sitting under the Clear Bra for years? Should I install the Clear Bra first, then Zaino the whole lot (I'll be doing that anyway after the CB is installed).

Thanks!!!
Old 10-16-2004, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would not zaino the nose if you are putting on a clear bra. the installer will remove all wax that's on the nose

remove badge
wash
clay
install s badge
install clear bra (note moste come pre-cut around the emblem)
zaiono whole car
Old 10-18-2004, 05:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not really sure if your planning on doing the clear bra yourself of having someone apply it for you. I did it myself on both my S2K and my dad's 911. As long as your patient and have a little help from a friend its not very difficult. For the S2k Im pretty sure the bra came with a cut out for the emblem which fit perfectly. For the 911 it didnt so all I did was remove the Porsche badge, installed the bra and then simply cut a small hole for the screw and re installed the badge, it came out great and now helps with keeping all the grit and grime that builds up along the edge of the emblem.
I definately wouldnt bother with Zaino under the bra, I cant picture anything good coming from it, when you install the bra you use an alchohol solution to get the surface perfectly free on contaminants, although it probably wont matter at all, theres a minor chance that the zaino might slowly break down over the years and cause some kind of discoloration, I have no idea if this is in fact the case but why risk it.

Once its on you can just treat it as part of the car and wax it to yours hearts desire, just be careful about wax buildup along the seams, anythign other than Zaino, AIO, or P21 tends to leave a chalky buildup along the edges which ruins the invisible look of the bra.

The clearbra is one of the best investments I have made on my car, you definately wont be dissapointed!