S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Cam Spray Foamer

Old 10-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Oct 13 2007, 05:28 AM
I got it at Lowe's. If it gets real cold where you live this won't work out because the water will turn to frost on your car's surface. Also, even with the thick, thick foam this thing supposedly puts out you'll still need to agitate the dirt to get it to come off.

Speaking of cold, I was hoping to try this thing out today but I woke up and it was 40*. So, I might not get a chance until maybe Monday at this point.
Damn...at least there is that rinseless stuff.

Oh, looks like the Sox are gonna sweep. C.C. CYA
Old 10-15-2007, 06:46 PM

Well, I finally had the opportunity to try out my foam cannon today. WOW!! This thing is 100x's better than the foam gun IMHO.

How I used it: I put 2 oz. Optimum Car Wash, 1 oz. CG Citrus W&G, and 1/4 oz. Poorboy's Bug Squash in the soap bottle and then filled to the top with water. The whole car was foamed. I then washed the whole car with my ShMitt dipping it in a rinse bucket as needed. Wheels/tires/wells were also foamed and cleaned using brushes and a sheepskin mitt. The car was then rinsed with the PW and then dried.

Thoughts: First, I want to say modding the foam cannon with the 32 oz. soap bottle is a MUST. The smaller bottle that comes with it is WAY too small to do the whole car. If I were not having a great time messing around with the foam cannon I think I could have foamed the whole car including wheels/tires/wells with one bottle of soap solution.

The foam that comes out of this thing is THICK and it sticks to the paint FAR longer than the foam I was getting from my foam gun. I was finding with the foam gun that putting more soap in the container made thicker foam but the gun did not have the water pressure to distribute the thicker foam in a wide enough spray pattern.

It was SO easy to use too. I just adjusted to soap dial and the spray pattern once and that was it. I didn't even nead to put the soap dial all the way up to get super thick foam.

The only down side to foaming the whole car and then washing it is that it's hard to see where you've washed and where you haven't. Also, today was overcast and cool otherwise the foam would dry up and make the paint quite spotty.

One other thing I will say about the foam fun is that turning the soap intake off did not turn it into a good tool for rinsing off the foam. It was still introducing a lot of air into the water stream. So, I found to rinse it was best to replace the foam cannon with my adjustable spray lance. I'll have to setup a quick disconnect so that I can change between them more quickly.

Pictures . . . (they really don't do justice to the level of foam I saw with my eyes)

Overall, I REALLY liked the foam cannon. It was significantly more foamy than the foam gun I had before. I'm not sure I'll use it for every wash as there is more setup involved than with the foam gun, but it really makes washing fun and definitely draws attention.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:22 PM

Awesome! How much to pressure washers run, and the foam gun all together?

Thanks!

Aaron
Old 10-15-2007, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Oct 15 2007, 10:22 PM
Awesome! How much to pressure washers run, and the foam gun all together?

Thanks!

Aaron
Oh man! You never ask a wash & wax wacko how much money he spends maintaining his car. Because you don't want to know the answer!

Husky 1750 electric pressure washer $99
Replacement gun $50
Replacement hose $15
Cam Spray Foamer $80
Replacement soap pickup tube $6
Generic spray bottle $2

I would say modding the foamer with the larger solution bottle is a MUST (total cost $8). I also incurred extra cost because I had to replace my gun/hose assembly because Husky uses a non-standard coupling method for adding attachments. Craftsman sells an electric PW which comes out of the box with the appropriate gun for use with the foamer. This could save you a couple of bucks. I'm sure there are also other brands that come with the correct gun out of the box, but I already owned the Husky. So, I just replaced the hose/gun.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:11 PM

Okay, love the foam, but i have a question. Do you still wash the car with a mitt after you foam it? Do you use a bucket, just wipe a mitt across it, blow more foam onto the mitt? I am a little unclear on the next step for this foaming process.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by ebeldesign,Oct 15 2007, 11:11 PM
Okay, love the foam, but i have a question. Do you still wash the car with a mitt after you foam it? Do you use a bucket, just wipe a mitt across it, blow more foam onto the mitt? I am a little unclear on the next step for this foaming process.
There was plenty of soap on the paint. So, I just went over the paint with my ShMitt. I first dipped the ShMitt in a bucket of water to wet it and returned it to the bucket as needed to remove any dirt on the surface of the ShMitt.

There is no such thing as a truly touchless wash that removes all the dirt. In order to remove 100% of the dirt on the paint it needs to be agitated in some fashion.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the review!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jeez, you got snow in mass with the sun out?!!

nice report, and great foam!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:14 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Oct 15 2007, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure I'll use it for every wash as there is more setup involved than with the foam gun,
Looks cool but getting my power washer out for every wash would be a big pain. Maybe if i washed the three family cars at once i'd use this.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Oct 16 2007, 07:14 AM
Looks cool but getting my power washer out for every wash would be a big pain. Maybe if i washed the three family cars at once i'd use this.
My thoughts exactly. It's a bit of a pain to setup the PW. Luckily, I have an electric unit so it's not too bad and it's easily accessible where I store it in the garage.

Quick Reply: Cam Spray Foamer