S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

California Car duster

Old 01-03-2007, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Car duster

Does it tend to cause swirling? I am planning on going nuts with the PC and then applying Zaino so I would hate to ruin it all with the duster afterward.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes
Old 01-03-2007, 05:20 PM

Jeff,

Anything you rub on your paint will over time cause cob webbing. Some just do it faster than others.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:22 PM

OK, that is what I figured. What would be the best way to remove the dust on the car aside from washing. I always had tons of dust (maybe becuase it's black). I would wash the car and by the time I got to the meet or wherever, it would need a good dusting. What to use? detailing spray and MF towel?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:59 PM

I would recommend detailing spray then a micro fiber cloth.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

first there is no right or wrong answer here- this is an opinion issue.

i have a black car... and have used dusters for years before this car- have had this car for 7 years. have done 2 swirl removals in that period of time. many folks here have seen my car and can tell you that its a black mirror on wheels-

my routine is to dust the car a coupla times a week, and follow that with a detailers spray. if the car happens to get really dirty (rare), i dont use the duster- i just wash the car.

i think that it depends on how you use the duster. you dont wipe it across the car- you kinda twirl it and only let the very ends of the duster touch the car. always as the air flows over the car.

if i drop the duster, it no longer gets to dust my paint - it gets moved to the lower parts only (i use a separate one for the wheels). also, i have separate dusters for each car.

it is a matter of opinion, and my opinion is that the duster is an important part of my detailing process-
Old 01-03-2007, 07:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use one regularly and have never noticed any marring caused by it, but then again, my car is Silverstone...
Old 01-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Jo2

If you don't know what you are doing, it's really easy to cause swirls. I'd only use it if the car is freshly waxed, and also, only on dust. If the car gets wet at all and has dried residue/dirt/dust, do not use it! If any dirt is caked on the car, do not use it! Always store your duster in its bag, don't drop it on the ground, if you do, it's as good as trash.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jo2,Jan 4 2007, 08:18 AM
If you don't know what you are doing, it's really easy to cause swirls. I'd only use it if the car is freshly waxed, and also, only on dust. If the car gets wet at all and has dried residue/dirt/dust, do not use it! If any dirt is caked on the car, do not use it! Always store your duster in its bag, don't drop it on the ground, if you do, it's as good as trash.
good points...

Old 01-04-2007, 07:08 PM

i use the california duster everytime i go out expect when the car is really dirty. you just have to give it a good shake before use and only use the tips of the duster, don't drag it on the paint that will cause swirls.

Quick Reply: California Car duster